UPSC CMS 2020 Apply Online: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites application for Combined Medical Services (CMS) for various posts such as Medical Officers, Junior Assistants, etc. Interested candidates shall fill the online application form for these posts. A detailed article explaining UPSC CMS 2020 Application Form is given below.
UPSC CMS 2020 Application Form
The application form for the UPSC CMS 2020 examination will be available from 8th April 2020. Candidates are advised to read and understand the given points:
- Candidates shall first ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria required to appear in UPSC CMS 2020 examination.
- Candidates have to fill the application form through online mode by visiting the official website of UPSC.
- Candidates shall not send the print out of the application form or any other document to the authorities in any other mode except online.
UPSC CMS Application Dates 2020
UPSC has announced the important dates for UPSC CMS 2020 Application which is given in the table below. Candidates can prepare well in advance after going through these dates:
|Events||UPSC CMS 2020|
|Online Application Start Date||8th April 2020|
|Online Application Last Date||28th April 2020|
|UPSC CMS 2020 Admit Card||July 2020|
|UPSC CMS 2020 Examination||19th July 2020|
UPSC CMS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria laid down by UPSC for CMS 2020 examination is based upon the educational qualification, nationality and age limit of the candidates which varies according to the institution. Details are given below:
Candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India; or
- a subject of Bhutan/Nepal; or
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1963
- a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Vietnam, United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi or Zaire.
The age of the candidates applying for UPSC CMS 2020 shall not be above 35 years on the prescribed date. Relaxation is provided to the reserved categories for the upper age limit as follows:
- Candidates should have an MBBS degree. The candidate who is yet to appear in MBBS examination or is yet to complete the rotating internship can also apply for UPSC CMS.
- Candidates must also be physically and medically fit.
How to fill the UPSC CMS 2020 Application form?
The application form will be filled online. Candidates shall go through these steps to fill the application form:
- Candidates shall first log on to the official website of UPSC and register themselves.
- Read and understand all the details and instructions given to fill the application form.
- The candidates have to enter all the details like name, father’s name, gender, community, email address, contact number, educational qualification, etc
- Candidates shall upload the required documents according to the specification and continue further.
- The payment gateway will then be displayed on the screen where the application fee is submitted.
- The application fee can be submitted in any mode (online/offline).
- After all the steps given above, candidates shall re-check the details mentioned in the application form.
- A confirmation form will be displayed on the screen after submitting the form.
- A registration slip will be generated by the system after that and candidates shall take its print out for further reference.
|General/EWS/OBC (Male)||Rs 200|
|Females (all categories)||Exempted|
UPSC CMS Documents Required
It is very important to keep all the relevant documents while filling the application form so the required documents are:
- Matriculation Mark sheet (for reference)
- ID Proof (eg Aadhar Card)
- MBBS certificate (for reference)
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned photograph and signature (to be uploaded)
- Debit/Credit Card (For Fee Payment)
UPSC CMS 2020 Application Form FAQs
- What is the application fee for UPSC CMS 2020?
Ans. Candidates are required to pay Rs 200 as application fee. The fee is exempted for females/SC/ST/PH candidates.
- How can I do correction in my application form?
Ans. No correction window is opened by UPSC so candidates shall fill all the details carefully and also re-check the same before finally submitting the form.
- What if I have submitted multiple application forms?
Ans. Candidates shall avoid doing so but in such case, UPSC accepts the last submitted application and all the previous applications are ignored.
- What action is taken by the commission if a candidate submits false information?
Ans. The candidate who furnishes any false information or suppresses any relevant information can be debarred anytime from the selection process by the commission.
- Will my fee be adjusted if I submit multiple applications?
Ans. No, the fee will neither be adjusted nor refunded under any circumstances.
UPSC CMS 2020 Important Points
Here are some important points that should be noted by the candidates about UPSC CMS 2020 Application form:
- Candidates shall fill the application form very carefully as no chance will thereafter be given to edit the application form.
- A valid email ID and mobile number shall be inserted by the candidates as all the important information regarding the examination will be sent in that.
- Candidates can also withdraw the application form before the due date.
- The candidates shall make sure that they have uploaded the documents carefully.
- The application form shall be submitted before the last date prescribed for its submission to avoid errors later.
We hope that you liked the UPSC CMS 2020 Application Form. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.