UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant (AC): Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) examination is conducted by the union public service commission (UPSC) for recruitment to the post of assistant commandant. The is the entry level officer’s post in the para-military forces of India. The candidates are selected as per their preference & merit order in BSF, ITBP, CRPF, CISF & SSB.
Recruitment of the candidates depends upon the performance in the written exam, PET, Personal Interview. Candidates shall apply for the post through online mode. Candidates must check complete details regarding UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant 2020 below.
Latest – Application dates has been released for UPSC CAPF AC 2020.
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Notification
The UPSC CAPF AC 2020 notification will be released in the month of April, 2020. Check complete details of exam dates, vacancies, salary, application, eligibility criteria, etc through this article of UPSC CAPF AC 2020.
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Exam Dates
The important dates of CAPF AC 2020 have been released by UPSC and are given in the table below:
|Notification Release||April 2020|
|Online Application form||22nd April 2020|
|Last date to submit online Application form||12th May 2020|
|Admit Card||Few days before the examination|
|UPSC CAPF Exam Date||9th August 2020|
|Result||September 2020 (Tentative)|
CAPF AC 2020 Exam Summary
You can check the exam summary for UPSC CAPF AC 2020 exam here:
|Name of the Exam||Central Armed Police Force.|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Recruitment|
|Post Name||Assistant Commandant|
|Recruitment Type||Constable Recruitment|
|Who can Apply||Graduation|
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Vacancy
UPSC releases the CAPF AC vacancies every year. The tentative vacancies list is given below keeping in mind previous year data:
|Border Security Force (BSF)||100|
|Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)||108|
|Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)||28|
|Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)||21|
|Sashastra Seem Bal (SSB)||66|
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Salary
UPSC Central Armed Police force (CAPF) pay scale for the post of Assistant Commandant is as follows:
|Basic Pay||Rs. 15,600/-|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 5,400/-|
|Dearness Allowance||Rs. 26,250/-|
|In Hand Salary||Rs. 44,135/-|
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Application Form
CAPF AC 2020 application process will start on 22nd April 2020. Below are some important points regarding the application form that candidates shall know about:
- Candidates can apply for the application form through online mode by visiting the official website of UPSC.
- Candidates are eligible for the posts of SI in CAPFs and Delhi Police and Assistant Commandant in CAPF.
- Candidates must fill their personal information carefully in the application form. Candidates must read all the guidelines prescribed for the application process.
Also See: UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Application Form
- General category- Rs.200
- Reservation candidates (women candidates and ex-servicemen) do not have to pay any fee.
Payment mode: Application fee can be paid either online (Net banking/Debit card/Credit card) or offline (through SBI Bank challan).
CAPF AC 2020 Previous Year Question Paper
Candidates can do better preparation for the exams by solving previous years UPSC CAPF AC questions papers.
The previous year question papers helps the students in getting a good idea about the type of questions asked in the exam.
Students can download question papers by simply clicking on the given link for previous years question papers.
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Detailed eligibility criteria for UPSC CAPF AC 2020 is given below:
- Candidates must be a holder of Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Candidate’s Minimum age will be 20 years.
- The upper age limit of candidates is 25 years.
- Age relaxation for candidates of SC/ST candidates is 5 years
- Age relaxation for candidates of OBC categories is 3 years
- candidate must be an Indian Citizen or
- a refugee from Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibetan who has come to India, before the January 1st, 1962 and settled in India; or
- a person of Indian origin who had migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Uganda, Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia and Vietnam and has come here with intentions of permanently settling in India.
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern
- Exam mode: The exam will be done through offline mode
- Paper language: Paper will be done in English and Hindi Language
- No. of Papers: Paper-I (Objective Type) and Paper-II (Descriptive Type)
- Marks: 250 marks for paper-I and 200 marks for paper-II
- Time duration: 2 hours for paper-I and 3 hours for Paper-II
- Marking: Each correct answer carries 1 mark and there will be 0.25 negative marking for every incorrect answer.
CAPF paper-I exam pattern:
|General Ability and Intelligence||250||250|
CAPF paper-II exam pattern:
|Subject||Max Questions||Max Marks|
|Essay and Comprehension||100||100|
Physical Endurance Test (PET)
For Male Candidates:
- 100 m race in 16 sec
- 800 m race in 3 minutes 45 seconds
- 3.5 m Long Jump only in 3 chances
- Shot put (7.26 kg ) in 4.5 min
For Female Candidates:
- 100 m race in 18 sec
- 800 m race in 4 minutes 45 seconds
- 3 m Long Jump in 3 chances.
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Syllabus
CAPF AC 2020 Syllabus will contain various topics from General Ability Test, General Studies and English comprehension. Candidates must prepare for the exam according to the prescribed syllabus given on the website.
Click here to check complete subject wise syllabus.
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Selection Process
To get selected in CAPF AC 2020 post, candidates must go through the below stages:
- Written Examination,
- Physical Standards/Physically Efficiency Test and Medical Standard Tests
- Interview/Personality Test
- Final Selection/Merit.
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Preparation Tips and Strategy
Go through the below given preparation tips to enhance the preparation for the exam:
- Make notes for the exam and go through these notes daily.
- Prepare a routine dividing preparation time for various subjects.
- Solve sample papers & previous year’s questions papers.
- Attempt mock tests.
UPSC CAPF AC Books & Study Material
The competitive tests can be qualified by preparing from good study materials. We have recommended here popular books of CAPF exam which will help candidates to crack UPSC CAPF AC 2020 exam.
- CAPF Assistant Commandant Guide 2019 Hindi
- UPSC CAPF Central Armed Police Force Assistant Commandants Exam Practice Work
- Arihant CAPF Assistant Commandant Guide 2019
CAPF AC 2020 Admit Card
- CAPF AC 2020 Admit card is an essential document and candidates must note that they should carry it to the Exam center.
- Candidates can check and download the CAPF admit card from the official website.
- Candidates must not forget their admit card on the day of exam.
- Some other document may also have to be produced by the candidates along with the admit card.
- All the other details are mentioned in the admit card.
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Cut off
Candidates can check UPSC CAPF AC 2020 cut off marks category wise online once they are been released by the authorities. Other essential points are:
- Minimum qualifying marks for General/SC/ST/OBC is 25%
- Minimum qualifying marks for ex-service men is 20%
- Candidates will have to attain the minimum marks for scoring in the examination as cut off marks.
- Exam commission will release the cut off marks soon after the declaration of result.
- The cut off marks will be released separately for females, males and candidates belonging to other categories.
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Result
- UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Result will be announced in the month of September.
- The result will be declared online by the authorities.
- Candidates can check their result by inserting their registration number.
- After clearing the written exam, candidates will be eligible for PET, PST and Medical Test which will come to an end after Personal Interview.
- Candidates have to enter their Name and Roll number for accessing the Result.
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Interview
The candidates shall know what are the important points related to UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Interview process:
- Candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests will be called for Interview/Personality Test.
- The interview is to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
- Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review
Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality
- The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
- Candidates who are short-listed for Interview/Personality Test, including those shortlisted for
Interview/Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF).
- Candidates will be required to indicate their preference of Forces in that DAF.
We hope that you liked the UPSC CAPF AC 2020 notification. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.