PSTET 2019: The Department of school education of Punjab (DSEP) conducts one of the prestigious exam known as Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test (PSTET).
This is a great deal of opportunity for the eligible candidates who want to build their career in Educational field.
DSEP is located in Chandigarh, India. It administers curriculum taught in public schools in the Punjab state and conducts standardized examinations. Candidates clearing this entrance exam are eligible to teach Primary and Junior classes in government schools.
Before filling the registration form of Punjab teacher test, it is must for the candidate to have well versed idea about the whole scenario of the exam.
This article will guide your way to Application form, Exam schedule, eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, admit card. Kindly go through the complete article for the thorough detail.
PSTET 2019 Application form
- PSTET Notification comes in the month of December and last date to fill the application form is in the month of January.
- Candidates can apply through online mode only through the official website of PSEB. The mode of payment is online only.
- The fee structure varies as per the exam one is opting for.
- The fee structure for General and OBC candidates is Rs. 600/- for either of the exam and for both Rs. 1200/-whereas SC/ST/PWD Rs. 300/- for either of the exam and for both Rs. 600/-.
PSTET 2019 Exam schedule
The important dates in regard to the Punjab teacher test are given below.
|Notification||3rd week of December 2018|
|Online Registration date||3rd week of December 2018|
|Last date||3rd week of January 2019|
|Admit card||January-February 2019|
|Exam date||2nd week of February 2019|
PSTET 2019 Eligibility criteria
- Minimum qualification to teach class I to V is Candidate must have 50% marks in 12th class and completed or pursuing 2 years diploma in elementary education.
- Minimum qualification to teach class VI to VIII is Passed or appearing in final year of graduation and completed or pursuing 2 years diploma in elementary education in any stream.
PSTET 2019 Exam Pattern
As it is said that half knowledge is harmful and in this competitive era before preparing for an exam one must be completely aware of the exam pattern to be successful and to have the complete knowledge of the respective subjects, so below is the thorough detail of PSTET.
|Level 1(Primary Teacher- Class I-V)||11th February 2020||10:00AM to 12:30 PM|
|Level 2(TGT Teacher- Class VI-VIII)||11th February 2020||02:30 PM to 5:00 PM|
|Subjects||MCQ’s||Marks||Duration of Examination|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30||02.30 Hours|
|Child Development and Pedagogy (compulsory)||30||30||
|Language I ( compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II ( compulsory)||30||30|
|(a) For Mathematics and Science teacher||60||60|
|(b) For Social Studies/Social Science teacher||60||60|
|(c) For any other teacher – either (a) or (b)||60||60|
PSTET 2019 Syllabus
After completing the registration it is must for the candidate to have the complete idea of the syllabus and accordingly start their preparation. Candidates must have the detailed knowledge of their respective subjects studied in their academic years.
PSTET 2019 Question paper/ Mock paper
- Teaching is a job not only about having the knowledge but in addition to this how gracefully one expresses oneself is also must.
- So to have a idea of all this one must practice a previous year question paper, previous year question paper gives us an idea about what the pattern of exam likely to be.
- Before appearing for any exam solving a previous year question paper gives us the clue about our preparation and what are the necessary changes we must make to improve ourselves.
- Below is the link of some previous year question papers of PSTET, kindly make use of them.
PSTET 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for PSTET comes in the month of January-February 2019. Candidates can download it through the online mode from the official website. To download the admit card candidate requires the registration no./ roll no. and password/ date of birth.
PSTET 2019 Result
PSTET announces the result in the month of April 2019 (tentative). To check the result go through the official website. For checking result the registration no./ roll no.(the one generated while filling the form) and password/ date of birth are required.