OSSTET 2020 exam will be organized by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha (BSEO). Candidates who want to become the teacher in various schools of Odisha state can appear for this exam.
Odisha TET is a state level exam conducted to determine the eligibility for the post of teacher in various government & private schools. The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
The exam will be organized in two categories, i.e. category 1 – Education teachers (Science/ Arts, Hindi/Classical/Sanskrit/ Urdu/ Telugu) and Category 2 – Physical Education teacher. In this article, we have given the detailed information about OSSTET 2020 examination.
OSSTET 2020 Exam Dates
In the table given below, check the tentative dates of OSSTET 2020 examination:
|Notification release||September 2020|
|Application form start||September 2020|
|Last date to register||Last week of September 2020|
|Availability of admit card||October 2020|
|Exam date||Last week of October 2020|
|Declaration of result||November 2020|
OSSTET 2020 Exam Summary
OSSTET Previous Year Question Papers
Here we will provide the previous year question papers of OSSTET examination. Through these papers, students will surly get some knowledge about the exam pattern.
Candidates must solve a question paper on daily basis so that you can analyze your performance. Time management is the important key to prepare for exam, through these papers candidates can divide their time equally and as per requirement to solve the questions.
OSSTET 2020 Application Form
Here candidates can check some important details about the OSSTET 2020 Application Form:
- The board will release the application form through online mode.
- The application form will be available in the month of September 2020.
- Candidates have to register to fill the OSSTET 2020 Application Form.
- Provide your personal, educational & other required details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, documents and other required certificates.
- Candidates must read the declaration form before submitting the application form carefully.
- The fee can be paid through both offline and online mode.
- Candidates can use net banking and ATM card for online payment.
- Offline payment can be done through bank challan.
- The application fee for OSSTET 2020 is given below:
OSSTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for OSSTET 2020 is provided here:
|Trained Graduate Arts||Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/ Commerce or Shastri with minimum 50% marks for general and 45% for reserved categories.
B.Ed from a NCTE Recognised Institution.
|Trained Graduate Science (PCM/CBZ)||Bachelor’s Degree in science with minimum 50% marks for general and 45% for reserved categories.
Bachelor in Education from recognized institution.
|Hindi Teacher||Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University with Hindi subject.
Candidates must have minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates.)
|Classical Teacher (Sanskrit)||Bachelor’s Degree with Sanskrit subject.
Sikshya Shastri (Sanskrit), a course prescribed by NCTE, from a
Recognised University/ Institution
|Classical Teacher (Urdu)||Alim with 50% marks in aggregate.
B.Ed./ Urdu B.Ed. from a NCTE Recognised University.
|Classical Teacher (Telgu)||Bachelor’s Degree in Arts having Telgu as subject with minimum 50% marks
Telgu B. Ed. from a NCTE recognized University.
|Physical Education Teacher||12th or its equivalent examination from a recognized institution.
C.P.Ed./ B.P.Ed./ M.P.Ed. From a recognized Board.
OSSTET 2020 Exam Pattern
Here we have given the exam pattern of OSSTET 2020 examination:
- Mode of Exam: Offline
- Paper: Paper I & II
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions with four alternatives
- Duration: 2 hours & 30 minutes
- Language: Hindi & English
- Marking Scheme: One mark for each right answer
- Negative Marking: No negative marking
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Full Marks|
|Section I||Odia (Complusory for all streams)||1 – 20 = 20||20|
|Section II||English (Complusory for all streams)||21 – 40 = 20||20|
|Section III||Optional (any one group/subject to be chosen)
Arts: Odia + English +History & Political Science + Geography & Economics
Science PCM: Physics + Chemistry +Mathematics
Science CBZ: Chemistry + Botany + Zoology
|41 – 100 = 60||6|
|Section IV||Compulsory for all subjects
Child development, Pedagogy, School management & Evaluation
|101 – 150 = 50||50|
OSSTET 2020 Syllabus
Check the detailed OSSTET syllabus from below:
Syllabus for English:
- Comprehension from unseen passage
- Grammar and usage
- Comprehension from Poem
- Speaking commonly mispronounced words
Syllabus for Chemistry:
- States of Matter
- Classification and Elements & Periodicity in properties
- Chemical reactions
- General Principles of Extraction of Metals
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
Syllabus for Physics:
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Current Electricity
Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Relations and functions
- Quadratic Equations
- Calculus of one variable
- Coordinate Geometry
- Determinant and matrix
OSSTET 2020 Vacancy & Salary
Various government and private schools of Odisha state release notification for the post of teachers. The vacancy or posts of teacher vary as per the requirement of school or respective authority.
In the state of Odisha, a handsome salary package is offered to the OSTET qualified candidates. Additionally, other facilities like TA, DA and other will also be given to the candidates.
OSSTET 2020 Selection Process
After qualifying the OSSTET 2020 exam, candidates will receive a pass certificate. Candidates have to apply in different schools of Odisha state for the vacancy of respective teacher.
Further recruitment process will be conducted by the respective authority. Candidates have to clear all the rounds like interview etc for final recruitment.
OSSTET 2020 Preparation Tips
Applicants preparing for the OSSTET 2020 exam can check the preparation tips from below:
- Prepare a strategic plan for the exam preparation and follow it properly.
- Consider the complete syllabus of OSSTET exam for preparation.
- To prepare for child development and Pedagogy, You need to prepare basics and learn education and understanding children with special needs.
- Read articles, Newspaper, and another comprehension for language section.
- Make short notes for all the formulas and small tricks which are important for mathematics section.
OSSTET 2020 Books & Study Materials
Check the list of some beneficial books to prepare for the OSSTET 2020 exam:
- Teaching Aptitude & Attitude Test for Entrance Exams by Abha Mailk
- Osstet Prabesh Darpan (Hindi) Hardcover by Dr Ajit Mohapatra
- TET Sanskrit Paper I & II Exam 2019 by ExamCart Experts
- Wiley’s Child Development and Pedagogy Exam Goalpost for TETs Exams by DT Editorial Services
- CTET & TETs Previous Year’ Solved Papers Social Sciences/Studies class VI-VIII by Arihant Experts
OSSTET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their OSSTET 2020 Admit Card through the website. It will be provided in the month of October 2020. Only successfully registered candidates can download their admit card.
It is necessary to bring the OSSTET 2020 Admit Card along with photo ID proof in the examination day. Candidates have to use their registration ID and Email ID to download the hall ticket.
OSSTET 2020 Result
OSSTET 2020 Result will be declared in the month of November 2020. Candidates can check the result by entering their login details.
Candidates can download their pass certificate through the website. The certificate will be valid till the candidate reaches the upper age limit prescribed for recruitment of teachers. It will be changed time to time as per the respective authority.
OSSTET 2020 Cut Off
Candidates have to reach the minimum qualifying cut-off to qualify the OSSTET 2020 exam. The OSSTET 2020 Cut-off will be released through online mode.
The cut-off will be different for various categories. The minimum qualifying cut-off will be 60% in each paper for general category and 50% for SC, ST, PH & SEBC candidates.
We hope the information regarding OSSTET 2020 Notification helps you in your preparation. For any query related to OSSTET 2020, you may drop a comment below and we will get back to you.