National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) is one of the largest power companies of India. It is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking formed under the Government of India. The headquarters of the corporation is located in New Delhi.
NTPC releases various vacancies for different posts every year and this year also it has released the recruitment advertisement for Graduates in Mechanical, Instrumentation, Electrical and Mining engineering. The NTPC recruitment 2019 will be through GATE.
NTPC Notification 2019
The NTPC notification 2019 is released in the month of January. For complete details about NTPC Notification 2019 like recruitment summary, eligibility criteria, vacancy, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, study material, admit card, etc read the article below.
NTPC Recruitment Summary
|Organization||National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)|
|Apply Date||January 10, 2019|
|Salary||Rs60000 – Rs180000|
|Age Limit||Maximum: 27 years|
|Post Name||Engineer Executive Graduates|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
NTPC Recruitment 2019 Important Dates
|Notification release date||January|
|First date of online application||January|
|Last date of online application||February|
|NTPC Exam Date||To be announced soon|
|NTPC answer key||Few days before result|
|NTPC Result||Available later|
NTPC Recruitment through GATE
NTPC shortlist the candidates through GATE scores obtained by them. GATE tests the technical and aptitude knowledge of the candidates and the PSUs get the most eligible candidates for the posts. Many public sector undertakings recruit engineer trainees on the basis of GATE score.
NTPC 2019 Application Form
Candidates can fill the NTPC 2019 application form after ensuring that they fill the eligibility criteria required for the vacancy. Following are the steps to fill the application form:
- Visit official website of NTPC ntpccareer.net
- Go to the online application form and fill the details correctly. No manual application is entertained.
- You will also have to upload your scanned photo and signature
- Submit the form and pay the fee
- Application fee is Rs150 for General/OBC and exempted for SC/ST/PwBD/Ex-servicemen. The fee is not refundable.
- The fee can be paid either through online (by net banking/credit card/debit card) or offline mode (by depositing e-challan in nearby SBI branch)
- The e-mail entered by the candidates should remain valid for a period of at least one year as all the further correspondence is sent in it
- Only Indian Nationals can apply for the posts
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions properly and take a print out of the registration slip generated by the system for further use
NTPC Recruitment 2019 Vacancy
Vacancies are released in the official notification of NTPC Recruitment 2019 for various posts and these are given in the table below. There can be changes in the number of vacancies but those will be updated by the company.
NTPC Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
Age limit: The maximum age for a person applying for NTPC Recruitment is 27 years.
Educational Qualification: Candidate should have a full time bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with minimum 65% marks.
Even the candidates who are appearing in final year can also apply for the same. The degrees for the different vacancies are given in the table below:
|Discipline||Prescribed full time degree|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical/Power Engineering/Electrical & Electronics/Power System & High Voltage/Power Electronics|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical/Production/Industrial/Thermal/Production & Industrial/Mechanical & Automation/Power Engineering|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrumentation & control|
NTPC Recruitment 2019 Exam Pattern
The NTPC Recruitment 2019 Exam Pattern is summarized in the table below:
|Types of Questions|| Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
|Sections|| General Aptitude – 15%
Engineering Mathematics – 15%
Subject specific – 70%
|General Aptitude|| Mandatory Section
15 marks (Five questions of 1 mark and rest five of 2 marks)
|Negative Marking|| In 1 mark questions – 1/3 mark deducted for one wrong answer
In 2 marks questions – 2/3 mark deducted for each wrong answer
No negative marking for NAT questions and questions not attempted
A virtual calculator is provided to the candidates on the screen as physical calculators are not allowed.
NTPC Recruitment Syllabus
NTPC Recruitment Syllabus 2019 will contain topic on the subjects like General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics and specific subjects of Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Mining Engineering.
The students will have to read the books of their own subjects for getting qualified in the exam and by knowing the tricks of solving the questions of Quantitative Aptitude. The questions in the exam will focus in the facts, principles, laws and formulas of that particular subject.
The questions will also be based in the computation and memory skills of the candidates. There might also be questions where the candidates have to analyze the information by looking at the diagrams and pictures given therein.
The candidates should have basic understanding and fundamental idea about their field of study so that they can draw conclusions easily after reading the questions.
You can see the complete syllabus of NTPC in the official website of GATE.
NTPC Recruitment Books and Study Material
Candidates can prepare for the exam with good books and study material. Sample papers and previous year questions are also given in many books which prove to be very helpful for the candidates.
We have recommended some of the famous books for the candidates preparing for the NTPC GATE exam. Candidates can either purchase a single guide for all the sections or single books for all the sections separately.
Recommended books for NTPC Recruitment 2019:
- GATE Mechanical Engineering by ICE GATE
- GATE Electrical Engineering by Trishna Knowledge Systems
- Practice book for GATE and PSUs
- GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering by GKP
NTPC Recruitment Previous Year Papers
The best way to do well in exam is to solve previous year papers. Candidates get good knowledge about the type of questions asked in the exam and how should they manage the time in order to do the questions in time.
Candidates can also practice through the mock papers and test series which are available online either for free or after payment. Candidates are advised to solve the paper topic wise so that they make it clear in the mind that where they lack practice.
NTPC Recruitment 2019 Selection Procedure
- The candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the GATE exam.
- The qualified candidates are first shortlisted for appearing in Online Aptitude Test
- And then the ones who get qualified in this test are called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
A merit list is prepared on the basis of the minimum qualifying marks they have got in GATE, Group Discussion round and Personal Interview. Following is the mark distribution of all the three stages according to which the final merit list is prepared:
Candidates will have to qualify the minimum marks individually in all the stages.
NTPC Recruitment 2019 Admit Card
- The NTPC Recruitment 2019 Admit Card is available online in the official website
- Candidates shall download the admit card by entering their registration number and password
- There will be GATE 2019 Registration number printed on the admit card. On receipt of that registration number, candidates need to apply online for NTPC ET-2019
- The GATE registration number printed in the admit card should be filled up correctly by the candidates as no request for change in data is entertained once the application is submitted.
- Candidates are advised to carefully read and understand the instructions mentioned in the admit card
- Candidates should keep the admit card and any other required document asked to bring along with the admit card while entering the examination center as no entry is allowed without them
NTPC Recruitment 2019 Result
The NTPC Recruitment 2019 Result is declared online in its official website. The GATE result is used as one of the criteria for recruitment in public sector undertaking. Every year lots of students appeared for the GATE examination due to its increasing importance.
Previous year, more than nine lakh candidates appeared for GATE examination and only 15-16% qualified it. In the year 2019, more than 3 lakh candidates appeared for NTPC in various posts.
Candidates will have to enter their roll number and password to know the result. Only those candidates who get qualified in the GATE examination are called for the further process.
NTPC Recruitment 2019 Cut-Off
NTPC Recruitment 2019 Cut-off marks is the minimum marks required to be obtained by the candidates in order to get qualified in the exam.
The cut-off marks of 2019 are given in the table below:
|Electronics Instrumentation Engineering||31.9||28.7||21.3|
NTPC Recruitment 2019 Interview
The candidates who get shortlisted after the group discussion round are called for Personal Interview by NTPC. As already mentioned, the interview section will have the weightage of 10% out of the total. The candidates are given the following interview tips by us to do well in the interview session:
- Candidates should the basic and general information about NTPC like the kind of business it deals in, the current CEO/MD, its headquarter, competitors and products it offered, etc
- Candidates are advised to go through the official website of NTPC to know and understand well about the undertaking
- Practice a lot about the answers that are more likely to be asked by the interviewer
- Be positive and tell him about your best achievements which are important for the job
- Be ready to handle inappropriate or unpracticed questions
- Dress appropriately, make eye contact, speak clearly and have a good posture while sitting
- You should also know about the nearest plant set up by NTPC in your hometown.
We hope that you liked the NTPC Recruitment 2019 notification. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.