National Defence Academy (NDA 2019) is the recruitment examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). NDA is conducted for recruitment of cadets in the Indian armed forces (Army, Navy & Air Force). NDA exam is organized twice in a year as NDA I and NDA II. The exam is a gateway to enter in Indian Defence Forces as a commissioned officer. The exam is conducted in different cities of the country. The applying candidates can join Army, Air Force and Indian Navy as per their preferences in the exam & service cadre. Check all the details about NDA 2019 in the article below.
Latest: NDA 2019 Notification has been released by UPSC. The application form for NDA I 2019 will be available from 9th January, 2019. Check more details below.
NDA 2019 Exam Schedule
NDA 2019 exam schedule has been released, below we have provided some important dates related to NDA 2019 entrance exam.
|NDA I||NDA II|
|Releasing of official notification||9th January, 2019||7th August, 2019|
|Availability of application form||9th January, 2019||7th August, 2019|
|Last date to fill application form||4th February, 2019||3rd September, 2019|
|Releasing of admit card||2nd week of April, 2019||first week of November,2019|
|Date of examination||21st April, 2019||17th November, 2019|
|Publishing of result||May, 2019||November, 2019|
NDA 2019 Latest UpdatesNDA 2019 application and exam dates has been released by UPSC. The application form for NDA I will be available from 9th January 2019.
NDA 2019 Application Form
The NDA I application form will be released by the UPSC from 9th January through online mode. The candidates can fill application form only through online mode. There is no offline mode to fill and submit the application form. First of all, candidates have to fill the registration form which is divided into two parts. Candidates have to fill Part 1 and then Part 2. Candidates have to mention their personal and academic qualification details.
After receiving the registration number candidates have to submit the application fee and fill the exam center preference. Candidates must take the printout of application form after uploading the photograph and signature for future purpose.
NDA Application fee
- The fee can be paid through offline (e-challan or SBI Bank) or online (VISA/Master Card/ Debit Card/Internet Banking) mode.
- The application fee for General and OBC will be Rs. 100/-.
- Wards of JCOs/NCOs/Ors/SC/ST candidates are exempted to pay the fee.
NDA Eligibility Criteria
To apply in NDA 2019, candidates must meet the NDA eligibility criteria given below.
- Only unmarried candidates can apply.
- A candidate should be an Indian citizen, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- An Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi and Ethiopia or Vietnam, permanently settling in India before 1st January 1962.
- For NDA 1: The candidate must born between 2nd July, 2000 to 1st July, 2003.
- For NDA 2: The candidate should born not before 2nd January, 2001 and not after 1st January, 2004.
- For Army Wing: Applying candidates must passed the 12th class from a recognized board.
- For Air Force and Indian Navy: The candidate must passed the 12th class with Physics and Mathematics along with other subjects from a recognized board.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
- The candidate must be physically fit as per the National Defence Academy & Naval Academy examination authority.
- The candidate who have resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates have to go through the medical examination conducted by the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB process.
NDA 2019 Syllabus
The NDA syllabus will be comprised of two sections, i.e., Mathematics and General Ability Test. In mathematics the question will be asked from Trigonometry, Differential Calculus, Algebra, Integral Calculus & Differential equations, Statistics, Probability, Vector Algebra and some other. The general ability section contain the questions from English and General Knowledge.
NDA 2019 Exam Pattern
NDA exam pattern will comprise of Paper 1 (Mathematics) of 300 marks and Paper 2 (General Ability Test) of 600 marks. The written test will be conducted through offline mode, i.e., pen paper mode. The questions will be of multiple choice type. For incorrect answer there is a negative marking. The paper will be asked in English and Hindi language. Below we have given the NDA 2019 exam pattern in tabular form. After qualifying the NDA exam candidates will have to appear in the SSB interview process.
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Paper Code||Time Duration|
|General Ability Test||600||2||21/2 hrs|
NDA 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for NDA 1 2019 will be generated in the month of March 2019 and for NDA 2 in the month of June 2019. The official authority will provide the admit card to download through the online mode. Candidates can download the admit card by using Registration number & Date of Birth. Without admit card candidate will not be allowed to enter in the examination hall. Candidates can check the examination center, exam date & time and other details in the admit card.
NDA 2019 Result
After conducting of the written examination, the NDA 2019 result will be announced through online mode. The result will be declared in the month of May for NDA I and in June for NDA II. The result will be published in the pdf format in which the roll number of qualified candidates will be mentioned. Candidates can check their roll number in the result. The answer key will be released within one week by the various institutions. Candidates can check the answer key and get idea of about their chances of selection for SSB.
NDA 2019 Selection Process
The candidates those roll number will be appeared in the result, will be shortlisted for the SSB rounds. The final selection will be considered after completion of seven days SSB. Candidates have to report with their original documents as per the prescribed schedule.
In SSB, candidates have to clear the Interview and medical rounds. The call letter will be issued by the UPSC to the qualified candidates for SSB rounds. The SSB conducted in two stages. In stage 1, the OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating), PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test) will be organized. In stage 2, Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Psychology Tests, Interview & Conference will be conducted. Candidates have to pass all rounds to be eligible for the final selection.