Kerala Teachers Eligibility Test (KTET 2020) is a Test conducted by the State Government to test the capability of candidates who want to make their career in the teaching field.
This examination assesses the eligibility of the candidates for teaching in Lower Primary, Upper Primary and High School classes in the state of Kerala. KTET is conducted every year through the office of Commissioner of Government Examinations.
The exam is organized by Pariksha Bhawan, Kerala and is conducted according to the guidelines laid down by the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT).
In this article, you can check out the exam date, vacancies, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, notification PDF, cut off, admit card, salary structure, etc of KTET 2020.
KTET 2020 Exam Dates
The exam dates of KTET may change but tentative dates are provided by us to let the candidates have an idea about the KTET 2020 exam dates.
Expected exam dates are given below:
|Notification Date||May 2020|
|First date of Online Application||Last week of May|
|Last date of Online Application||First week of June|
|Admit Card Date||Second week of June|
|KTET Level I exam Date||Last week of June|
|KTET Level II Exam Date||Last week of June|
|KTET Level III Exam Date||Last week of June|
|KTET Level IV Exam Date||Last week of June|
|KTET Answer Key||July 2020|
|KTET Result Date||July 2020|
KTET 2020 Exam Summary
The KTET 2020 Exam summary is given below:
|Name of the Exam||Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET)|
|Conducting Body||Kerala Government Education Board|
|Exam Type||State Level Recruitment Exam for Teachers|
|Who can Apply||Senior Secondary(Level I);Graduation (Level 2); Post Graduation (Level 3)|
|Medium of Exam||Hindi and English|
Kerala Teacher’s Vacancy
The vacancies for teacher’s in the Kerala will be released soon by the Officials after the release of official notification about the recruitmentt. The vacancy details will be provided subject wise and level wise too.
Various vacancies are filled every year but the details are not provided as such in detail by the board.
The latest government teachers vacancies will be updated here.
Kerala Teacher’s Salary
The starting level salary for Teacher’s in the Kerala state are listed below:
KTET 2020 Application Form
The notification and facility for online KTET application will be available in the website of Pareeksha Bhawan. The application form is submitted in two steps.
Firstly, the candidates have to submit the fee by filling the required details and then clicking on the submit button. Candidates can choose the mode of payment by themselves.
- Application Fee – Rs500/- for each Level
- Fee is Rs250/- for SC/ST and other differently able categories
Payment Mode: Fee can be paid either online – by using credit card/debit card/net banking or offline – by generating challan and submitting it to the nearest SBI branch. The reference no. printed in challan can be used as reference in the next step of filing the form.
Then the candidates who have paid the fees can further proceed to the next process and enter their personal details like name, father name, date of birth, etc. The board may also ask to upload scanned documents.
KTET Previous Year Question Papers
Candidates can do preparation for the exams by solving previous years KTET questions papers.
- Candidates can also practice from the sample papers which are given in the official website of KTET.
- The previous year question papers help the candidates to have a good idea about the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Candidates can also solve test series and mock papers topic wise. They should also have a thorough knowledge about the respective subjects they are qualified from.
Candidates can download question papers by simply clicking on the given link for previous years question papers (Click Here).
KTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirant will be eligible if they fulfill any of the eligibility criteria given below.
KTET eligibility criteria for Category I:
Secondary/Higher Secondary (or equivalent) with:
- At least 45% marks and 2 year Trained Teacher Certificate (TTC) conducted by Board of Examination.
- At least 45% marks and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education according to NCTE Regulations 2002.
- At least 50% marks and 2 year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
KTET Eligibility Criteria for Category II:
- BA/B.sc/B.com and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education/TTC
- BA/B.sc/B.com with at least 45% marks and 1 year B.Ed
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4year BElEd.
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 year BA/B.sc.Ed/BA.Ed
KTET Eligibility Criteria for Category III:
- BA/B.sc/B.com with at least 45% marks and a B.Ed degree in the subject concerned from a recognized university
- BA or equivalent with at least 45% marks and who passed in LTTC.
- For Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry and Physics -> those who have MSc.Ed Degree in the concerned subject with at least 50% marks from one of the regional institutes of Education sponsored by NCERT.
- For Botany and Zoology -> those with MSc.Ed Degree in Life Science with at least 50% marks from any of the Regional Institutes of Education.
KTET Eligibility Criteria for Category IV:
Those candidates are eligible who have acquired qualifications for the posts of Language Teachers of Hindi, Sanskrit, Arabic and Urdu (up to Upper Primary level), Specialist teachers and Physical Education teachers as mentioned in Chapter XXXI of Kerala Education Act and Rules.
Relaxation of 5% in the minimum qualifying marks is allowed to the candidates belonging to SC/ST and differently able persons. Relaxation of 3% in qualifying marks is also allowed to OBC & OEC candidates.
KTET 2020 Exam Pattern
KTET 2020 exam pattern for all category is listed below:
Exam mode: Offline
Duration: 2.5 hours
KTET Exam pattern for Category I (Lower Primary Teacher):
|Child Development and Pedagogy (for 6-11 years)||30||30|
KTET Exam pattern for Category II (Upper Primary Teacher):
|Child Development and Pedagogy (for 11-14 years)||30||30|
Exam pattern for Category III (High School Teacher):
|Adolescent Psychology, Theory of Learning & teaching aptitude||40||40|
|Subject Specific (Contents & Pedagogy)||80||80|
Exam pattern for Category IV:
|Child Development, Pedagogy and teaching aptitude||30||30|
|Subject Specific (Contents & Pedagogy)||80||80|
Minimum 60% marks are required to be qualified in KTET examinations. There is no negative marking for wrong answers
KTET 2020 Syllabus
The KTET 2020 syllabus is published by SCERT in its official website. The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on the educational psychology of teaching, learning and understanding children with special needs.
- The test items of Languages will focus on the skills related to the medium of instructions. Similarly, all the sections will focus on the expertise for the concerned topics.
- Candidates must prepare themselves according to the prescribed syllabus given on the website. A general overview of the syllabus can be taken from the exam pattern above.
- Since the syllabus for the post is vast, we are providing you a link below for the same.
For complete syllabus of KTET 2020 you may refer (here).
KTET 2020 Selection Process
There is no such long selection process in KTET. The candidates are selected only on the basis of KTET exam.
Selection For Teaching Posts:
After qualifying KTET 2020, candidates will be eligible to apply for teaching jobs in government or private schools. For selection to the teaching post the candidates have to qualify the Entrance exam and then appear for the personal interview which will be the final round of the selection process.
Shortlisted candidates may also be asked to give a demo class of teaching so the educational authorities can decide for their appointment.
KTET 2020 Preparation Tips
Go through the below given preparation tips to do better preparation for the exams:
- Prepare a study plan
- Go through Previous year papers
- Take small breaks while studying for more focus
- Revise regularly whatever you studied in the previous days
- Prefer syllabus and exam pattern before making a study plan
- Make your concepts clear in each topic
- Make smart strategies and try to the questions in the best way possible
KTET 2020 Books and Study Materials
Candidates can qualify the test by preparing from good study material. We have recommended here popular KTET 2020 books and study material with the help of which, the candidates can crack KTET 2020 exam.
The candidates can buy the book online from different sites. Some books are also available for EMI.
Candidates can also buy books separately for different subjects or one for all with sample papers.
- KTET CTET for all categories by Dr.V.Balakrishnan
- KTET exam book by M.Ravindhiran
- Child Development & Pedagogy by Shalini Punjabi
KTET 2020 Admit Card
The candidates receive the admit card according to the category applied for. The candidates are advised to preserve the admit card till the whole process ends.
- Candidates will have to download the KTET 2020 admit card from the official website. A candidate cannot get the admit card by post at any circumstances.
- Candidates will have to download application ID and application number which was provided while filing the application form.
Candidates should also check the admit card properly and in case of any discrepancy, must contact the examination conducting body as soon as possible.
KTET 2020 Cut Off
The Pareeksha Bhawan will release the KTET 2020 cut-off marks soon in its official website. The cut-off marks are released after the results.
The category wise marks can be checked by the candidates by entering their registration number and password.
We can provide you with some expected cut-off list. The official cut-off list will be uploaded later.
KTET 2020 Result
The candidates who are declared qualified are awarded a certificate by the State Government. A separate certificate is given by the board to those candidates who appeared and qualified more than one level.
The statement of the marks is available by the board in the official website and candidates can check the KTET 2020 result there by entering their registration number.
Mere qualifying in KTET does not give any right of appointment to the candidate. The appointment depends upon the appointing authorities and the personal interview.
Keep visiting this page for more news & updates on KTET 2020. If you have any query, feel free to drop your comments below. We will be glad to assist you.