Indian Navy SSR 2020 recruitment notification has been released. Recruitment in Indian Navy on the posts of Sailor for SSR (Senior Secondary Recruits) is a golden opportunity for the candidates who wish to join Indian Navy.
10+2 candidates will be eligible to apply for Indian Navy SSR 2020. Candidates can apply through online mode. The authority releases notifications for recruitment on regular intervals depending upon the vacancies.
In this article, candidates can check details for Indian Navy SSR 2020 including notification, dates, application, eligibility, selection procedure etc.
Latest– Indian Navy SSR Application exam date has been released.
Indian Navy SSR 2020 Notification
Indian Navy SSR 2020 Notification has been released. Candidate can check the notification & get detailed information about Indian Navy SSR exam. The notification will contain SSR exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, how to fill the application & other relevant details.
Indian Navy SSR 2020 Exam Dates
In the table, candidates can check schedule of Indian Navy SSR 2020 recruitment for February 2020 batch:
|Release of online application form||28th June 2019|
|End date to submit application||10th July 2019|
|Admit Card||2nd week of September 2019|
|Exam date||19th September 2019|
|Result declaration||To be announced later|
Candidates who are looking for Career in defence, must also check these exams below:
Indian Navy SSR Vacancy & Salary
The salary and allowances for these recruitments is mentioned below:
- During training, a stipend of Rs. 14600/- per month will be given to candidates.
- After completing the training, candidates will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix ( 21,700- Rs.69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP Rs.5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
- Books, reading material, uniforms, food and accommodation etc. will be provided to sailors.
- Medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges are entitled to sailors.
- Insurance cover (on contribution) of Rs 37.50 lakhs for all sailors will also be applicable.
- Promotion of the candidate exists upto Master Chief Petty Officer-I rank, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix ( 47,600- Rs. 1, 51,100) plus MSP Rs. 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
Indian Navy SSR Application Form 2020
Some of the guidelines to fill the Indian Navy SSR 2020 Application Form are provided below:
- The application form has been released on 28th June 2019.
- Candidates can fill their application through the website.
- Active Email ID and mobile number is necessary to register for Indian Navy SSR 2020.
- Already registered candidates will be required to update their personal, educational & communication details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph with blue background (60-100 KB).
- The Indian Navy SSR 2020 Application Form will be scrutinized for eligibility & may be rejected if found not eligible.
Also See: Indian Navy SSR 2020 Application Form
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 205/-.
- SC & ST candidates are exempted from application fee.
- The fee payment can be done through online mode using debit/credit card, UPI, net banking etc.
Indian Navy SSR Previous Year Question Papers
Previous year question papers can help you to prepare better for the Indian Navy SSR examination. For the ease of candidates, here we will update the previous year question papers. So that they can prepare well for the exams.
Indian Navy SSR Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria of Indian Navy SSR 2020 before filling the application form:
- Gender & Marital Status – Only unmarried male candidates will be eligible to apply.
- Age – The candidate’s date of birth should fall between 1st February 2000 to 31st January 2003.
- Academic Eligibility – Candidates must have passed 10+2 exam from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Subjects – Mathematics & Physics subjects are compulsory along with any one from the Chemistry/Biology/Computer science subjects.
- Medical Standards – Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Candidates must be in good physical & mental health.
Indian Navy SSR 2020 Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern of Indian Navy SSR 2020 examination is mentioned below:
- Mode of Exam: Online mode (Computer based test)
- Type of Questions: Objective type
- Language: Bilingual (English & Hindi both languages)
- Duration: One hour
- Section: English, Science, Mathematics & General Knowledge
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct answer
- Negative Marking: Negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
Indian Navy SSR Syllabus
The Indian Navy SSR 2020 Syllabus will be of 10+2 standard. The detailed syllabus is mentioned below:
Relations and Functions, Quadratic Equations, Sequences and Series, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Trigonometry, Conic Sections, Vectors, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Permutations and Combinations, Indefinite Integrals Binomial Theorem, Definite Integrals, Matrices, Determinants etc.
Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat Thermodynamics, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Metals and Non Metals, Organic Chemistry, Food, Nutrition and Health etc.
Change direct to indirect/indirect to direct, Verbs/Tense/Non Finites, Use of adjective, Compound preposition, Determiners, Passage, Preposition, Correction of sentences, Change active to passive/passive to active voice, Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Synonyms and Antonyms etc.
Sports: championships/Winners/Terms/No. of Players, Defence, Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations, Discoveries, Spatial, Numerical, Reasoning & Associative Ability, Sequences, Culture and Religion, Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports etc.
Indian Navy SSR 2020 Recruitment Process
The recruitment process comprises of written test, PFT (Physical Fitness Test) & medical examination. Below we have mentioned the recruitment process of Indian Navy SSR 2020:
Written Test: This is the first step of the recruitment process. First of all candidates have to qualify the written test. A list of the candidates will be released who are selected for the next round (Physical Fitness Test).
PFT (Physical Fitness Test): After qualifying the written test, candidates will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Proficiency in sports, swimming and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
Medical Examination: After qualifying the written test & PFT round, medical examination of the candidates will be conducted. The medical examination will be held by authorised military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
The medical examination will be conducted two stages. The initial medical examination will be considered on provisional basis. The final medical examination of the shortlisted candidates will be held at INS Chilka. After qualifying the medical examination candidates will be enrolled.
Indian Navy SSR 2020 Preparation Tips
- Before preparing for the exam, candidates must check all the syllabus & pattern of the examination.
- Keep yourself in touch with current affairs and read the General knowledge book.
- In English section, make strong your grammatical portion and word power.
- You have to maintain your physical stamina as per defence requirement.
- Read the basic 10+2 books. Practice the model papers to get familiar with the exam pattern.
Indian Navy SSR 2020 Books & Study Materials
Some of the best Indian Navy SSR Books which are recommended by the experts are mentioned below:
- Indian Navy (SSR) Sailor Recruitment Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board
- Indian Navy SSR English Medium Paper Set by Ram Singh Yadav
- Indian Navy Senior Secondary (SSR) Recuritment Exam by JBC Press Editorial Board
- Bhartiya Nausena Senior Secondary (SSR) by Arihant Express
- Indian Navy Senior Secondary (SSR) Recruitment Exam First Edition
Indian Navy SSR 2020 Admit Card
Candidates who have filled the application form successfully will be able to download the Indian Navy SSR 2020 Admit Card. It will be available through online mode.
Indian Navy SSR 2020 Admit Card will be released in the 2nd week of September 2019. It will not be sent by post or any other offline mode. At the time of written exam, candidates have to bring the admit card along with all the required documents.
Indian Navy SSR 2020 Cut-off
The Indian Navy SSR 2020 Cut-off will be released along with result. The cut-off marks will depend upon the difficulty level of the exam, number of candidates appeared etc.
The cut-off will be announced through online mode. It is necessary to reach the cut-off marks to get eligible for the next round. The expected Indian Navy SSR 2020 Cut-off will be 65 to 75 for all candidates.
Indian Navy SSR 2020 Result
Indian Navy will announce the result through the website. Indian Navy SSR 2020 Result will be released within a month after the examination.
The final merit list will be drawn on the basis of written exam, PFT & medical examination. Selected candidates will have to download their call letter for final medical examination through the website.
Candidates will be required to submit their call letters to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on Police Verification form from the Superintendent of Police of their respective jurisdiction. Without the verified police verification reports candidates will not be eligible for enrollment.