Indian Navy is the naval branch of Indian Armed Force which safeguards the nation’s maritime borders in conjunctions with other Armed Forces of the Union. The Indian Navy defeats any threat against the territory or people, both in war and peace.
Indian Navy recruitment 2019 has been released for various posts of Sailors and Artificer Apprentice (AA). Indian Navy recruits thousands of candidates every year for different posts. It has recently invited applications for the recruitment to the post of Sailors for February 2020 Batch.
Indian Navy Sailor is a good career option for Secondary and Senior Secondary passed candidates. The interested and eligible candidates shall apply for Indian Navy SSR (Senior Secondary Recruit) and Indian Navy AA (Artificer Apprentice).
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Notification
The Indian Navy Recruitment notification 2019 has been released on 28th June. For complete details about Indian Navy Recruitment Notification 2019 like recruitment summary, eligibility criteria, vacancy, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, study material, admit card, etc read the article below.
Indian Navy Recruitment Summary
|Armed Force||Indian Navy|
|Apply Date||June 28th , 2019|
|Salary||Rs 14,600 – Rs 69,100|
|Age Limit||16 years – 19 years|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
India Navy Recruitment 2019 Important Dates
India Navy Recruitment 2019 Important dates for the post of SSR and AA are as follows:
|Notification release date||Released|
|First date of online application||28th June 2019|
|Last date of online application||10th July 2019|
|Indian Navy Admit card||Few days before exam|
|Indian Navy Exam Date||To be announced later|
|Answer key||Few days before result|
|Indian Navy Result||17 Jan 2020|
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Application Form
Candidates can fill the Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 application form after ensuring that they fill all the eligibility criteria required for the vacancy. Below are the points one should know before filing the application form:
- Visit the official website www.joinindianarmy.gov.in
- Only Unmarried male candidates (Indian/Nepalese) can apply for the posts
- Go to the online application form and fill all the details correctly.
- You will also have to upload the scanned original documents mentioned therein
- Photograph to be uploaded should be of good quality and with blue background
- Candidates are required to choose any two locations for the examination center and the location once allotted by the authority will not be changed
- Submit the form and pay the application fee which is Rs 205/- for all the categories except SC/ST who are exempted from the payment of fee.
- The fee can be paid through online mode only (by net banking/credit card/Master/Visa/debit card)
- The e-mail or number entered by the candidates should remain valid for a period of at least one year as all the further correspondence is sent in it
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions properly and take a print out of the registration slip generated by the system for further use
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Vacancy
All the Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Vacancy are released in the official website of Indian Navy. Here are the vacancy details for the post of Sailor:
|Post||No. of Vacancy|
|Artificer Apprentice (AA)||500|
|Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR)||2200|
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Eligibility Criteria for the post of Sailor is given below:
Artificer Apprentice (AA) – Have passed Class 12th with minimum 60% marks in aggregate with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from the boards of school education recognized by MHRD, Government of India.
Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – Have passed Class 12th with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from the boards of school education recognized by MHRD, Government of India.
The other important eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates should be Unmarried Male.
- He should be born between 01 Feb 2000 and 31 Jan 2003.
Indian Navy Recruitment Books and Study Material
Candidates can prepare for the exam with good books and study material. Sample papers and previous year questions are also given in many books which prove to be very helpful for the candidates.
We have recommended some of the famous books for the candidates preparing for the Indian Navy Recruitment exam. Candidates can either purchase a single guide for all the sections or single books for all the sections separately.
Recommended books for Indian Navy Recruitment 2019:
- Indian Navy SSR Exam guide by RPH Editorial Board
- Indian Navy SSR Recruitment Test by Lal and Jain
- Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice guide by Arihant Experts
- Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice paper set by Ram Singh and Yajvender Yadav
Indian Navy Recruitment Previous Year Papers
The best way to do well in exam is to solve Indian Navy previous year papers. Candidates get good knowledge about the type of questions asked in the exam and how should they manage the time in order to do the questions in time.
Model test papers and mock test can also be solved by the candidates to get qualified by managing the time accordingly and performing the best for it.
The mock papers and test series are available online either for free or after payment. Candidates are advised to solve the paper topic wise so that they make it clear in the mind that where they lack practice.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Selection Procedure
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Selection Procedure is based on the following three test:
- Computer Based Examination – Candidates who obtains the minimum qualifying marks are then called for further process.
- Physical Fitness Test – After the computer based examination, candidates are called for Physical Fitness test (PFT) and the ones who get qualifies it are called for further process. PFT will consist of:
- 6km run in 7 minutes
- 20 squat ups
- 10 push ups
- Medical Examination – The candidates are called for medical examination after getting qualified in PFT. Medical examination is conducted by the authorized military doctors. Minimum height required is 157 cms and chest expansion of 5 cms. Moreover, weight and Chest should be proportionate.
Candidates who are found medically fit in Medical Examination are finally enrolled for the post.
Candidates are advised to check the official notification for complete details of physical and medical test.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern will be same for the post of AA and SSR. Most probably, the Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Exam Pattern for the online test is given below:
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Marking||One mark for every right answer
0.25 marks deducted for every wrong answer
No marks deducted for questions not attempted
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Syllabus
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Syllabus contains topics of English, Science, Mathematics, General Knowledge which is need to be understand thoroughly by the candidates.
The level of the examination will be that of Class 12th level so applicants shall refer to their academic books for the examination purpose. Sample papers for the examination are also available in the official website of Indian Navy.
Candidates should prepare themselves according to the prescribed syllabus and should keep on doing practice on regular basis to understand the topics well. We are providing you a link for complete syllabus of Indian Navy Sailors (AA and SSR).
For Complete Indian Navy Sailors 2019 Syllabus (Click here)
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Admit Card
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Admit card is available in the official website joinindiannavy.gov.in one week before online examination
- Candidates will have to download it and take a color print out of it
- Admit card should be carried by the candidates to the examination center or else they will not be allowed to enter there
- Candidates should read and understand the instructions mentioned in the admit card carefully
- Candidates should also carry the original documents uploaded during online application along with the admit card at all the stages of recruitment
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Result
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 Result of online test and the list of shortlisted candidates is announced almost after 30 days from the date of Online Test. Around 10000 candidates are called for PFT and medical examination.
Minimum qualifying marks in each section and in aggregate are to be determined by the Navy. Selection of AA is based on all India order of merit while selection of SSR is based on State wise order of merit.
All the candidates can check the result in the official website by entering their roll number and name. The shortlisted candidates are sent an intimation/call letter in their respective email IDs.
Indian Air Force Recruitment 2019 Cut-Off
The Indian Air Force Recruitment 2019 Cut-off marks are released by the higher authorities after the declaration of exam. Candidates are required to obtain minimum cut off marks to get shortlisted for the further process of PFT and medical examination.
Cut off marks are depended on various factors such as number of candidates who applied, total number of vacancies, difficulty level and number of candidates who attended the examination, etc.
To check the cut off marks for the post of Indian Navy AA and SSR, candidates need to go to the official website of Indian Navy and enter the required details.
We hope that you liked the Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 notification. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.