Indian Navy has released the notification for Indian Navy MR 2020 on 25th July 2019. Application forms will be invited via online mode for the enrollment as sailors for MR (Matric Recruit) – April 2020 batch.
The notification has been published batch wise depending upon the availability of posts. The post of Chef, Hygienist and Steward has been released in MR.
It is a gateway for Matric (10th) passed students to join the Indian Navy. Read the full article to get details regarding Indian Navy MR 2020 including dates, eligibility, post, recruitment process etc.
Latest – The application process for Indian Navy MR 2020 batch has been started.
Indian Navy MR 2020 Notification
Indian Navy MR 2020 Notification has been released. Candidates can check the notification & get detailed information about Indian Navy MR exam. The notification will contain SSR exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, how to fill the application & other relevant details.
Indian Navy MR 2020 Exam Dates
Official dates of Indian Navy MR 2020 has been released. Candidates can check the schedule below:
|Starting of application form||26th July 2019|
|Last date to fill application form||1st August 2019|
|Admit card issue||August/September 2019|
|Exam date||September 2019|
|Result announcement||21st February 2020|
Indian Navy MR Exam Summary
Indian Navy MR Vacancy & Salary
The vacancies & salary packages through Indian Navy MR 2020 recruitment is mentioned below:
- The notification is released for approximately 400 vacancies for sailors.
- At the time of initial training, Rs. 14,600/- per month will be given.
- After completing the training, candidates will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix i.e. Rs. 21,700 – Rs. 69,100.
- Additionally, they will be paid MSP Rs. 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
- Promotion will be given to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (Rs. 47,600 – Rs. 1,51,100).
- Medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions, Group Housing Benefits & other privileges will also be given to sailors.
- Insurance cover of Rs 50 lakhs is also admissible for sailors (on contribution).
- Chef: They are required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration.
- Steward: They have to serve food in the officers “messes, as waiters, housekeeping, wine and stores, accounting of funds, preparation of menu etc.
- Hygienist: They are required to clean toilets and other areas.
Note: Additionally, they will also be alloted other duties as per Service requirement.
Indian Navy MR 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill the Indian Navy MR 2020 Application Form as per the instructions given below:
- Candidates will have to fill the application form through online mode.
- No offline application form will be available to apply for this post.
- Visit the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Candidates must keep their matric certificate & mark sheet ready before filling the Indian Navy MR 2020 Application Form.
- Candidates must provide their active Email ID & mobile number at the time of filling the application.
- Follow the instructions given for filling the form & enter all the details carefully.
- The photograph & other documents should be scanned in original & uploaded as per the given specifications.
- Must take printout of the application form for further use.
Also See: Indian Navy 2020 MR Application Form
- The application fee is Rs.205/- for all the candidates.
- SC & ST candidates are exempted from paying application fee.
- The fee payment shall be done through Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card/ UPI.
Indian Navy MR Previous Year Question Papers
Candidates can check this section to get previous year question papers of Indian Navy MR examination. These papers could help you to prepare well for the exam and know the exam pattern.
Indian Navy MR 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to apply for Indian Navy MR 2020 is mentioned below:
- Age Limit: The date of birth of candidates should fall between 1st April 2000 and 31st March 2003 (both dates inclusive).
- Gender & Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.
- Qualification: Candidates should have qualified 10th examination from any Boards of School Education recognised by MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Medical Eligibility: Candidates should be medically fit as per the standards set by Indian Navy.
- Tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms. Candidates with permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body will not be acceptable.
Indian Navy MR Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of Indian Navy MR 2020 has been provided below:
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions
- Languages: Bilingual (Hindi & English)
- Number of Questions: 50 Questions
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Section: Science & Mathematics and GK (General Knowledge)
- Marking Criteria: One mark for each correct answer
- Negative Marking: 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
Indian Navy MR Syllabus
The Indian Navy MR 2020 Syllabus for various sections is given below:
General Knowledge (GK):
Culture and Religion, Freedom Movement, Important National Facts about India, Current Affairs, Languages, Capitals and Currencies, Championships / Winners/ Terms/ Number of Players, Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland, History, Defence, Wars and neighbours, Awards and Authors, etc.
Science & Mathematics:
Nature of Matter, Universe (Planets/ Earth/ Satellites/ Sun), Heat, Temperature, metals and Non- Metals, Simple Mensuration, Geometry, Measures of Central Tendency, Force and Gravitation, Newton’s Laws Of Motion, Mathematical Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Algebraic Identities, Interest, Profit, Loss and Percentage etc.
The standard of the question paper will be based on Class X Syllabus.
Indian Navy MR 2020 Recruitment Process
The recruitment process of Indian Navy MR 2020 has been divided into three stages, i.e. Online Examination, Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination. It is mandatory to qualify all the stages.
In the first stage, candidates will have to qualify the online entry test. Candidates will be required to qualify all the sections of online examination and in aggregate too.
After the online examination, candidates will be shortlisted for Physical Fitness Test. This test will contain 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Proficiency in sports, swimming and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
The medical examination will be conducted in two phases, i.e. preliminary medical & final medical exam. As per the medical standards set on the sailor entry, the medical examination will be organized.
Candidates should be mentally & physically fit. Final medical exam will be conducted at INS, Chilka. After that, candidates will be enrolled to the respective job.
Indian Navy MR Preparation Tips
Some preparation tips for Indian Navy MR 2020 is provided below:
- Firstly, check all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus. It will help you to know the weightage of subjects.
- Candidates must prepare a time table and assign time of all subjects.
- Candidates should go through the last year question papers & sample papers to know the exam pattern.
- The exam duration is of thirty minutes so candidates have to practice to answer the questions quickly.
- Candidates should keep themselves updated about the current affairs about the recent issues, appointments, defence, agreements, visit etc.
Indian Navy MR Books & Study Materials
Here we have listed some books which can help candidates to crack Indian Navy MR 2020 exam:
- Indian Navy MR & NMR Exam (Paperback, Hindi, Ram Singh Yadav)
- Indian Navy MR & NMR Practice Paper Set Hindi Medium by Ram Singh Yadav
- K. For Indian Navy Entrance Exams of SSR, Artificer and MR/NMR by Ram Singh Yadav
- NDIAN NAVY MR & NMR RECRUITMENT EXAM Strictly Based on Syllabus & Exams Patterns by JBC Press Editorial Board
- Bhartiya Nausena MR & NMR Steward, Cook Avum Topass Bharti Pariksha by Arihant Experts
Indian Navy MR 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be issued to only successfully registered candidates. Indian Navy MR 2020 Admit Card will be provided to candidates through online mode only. It will be released in the month of August/September.
Call letters cum admit card will contain details like name, exam date & time, exam centre etc. Before the online examination, document verification will be done. It is necessary to bring admit card along with required documents on examination day.
Indian Navy MR 2020 Cut Off
The cut off will be the minimum marks required by the candidates to get eligible for the next selection round. Indian Navy MR 2020 Cut Off will be released through online mode. The cut-off marks will vary state to state.
The expected cut off for each candidate will be between 30 to 40 marks out of 50. The Indian Navy MR 2020 Cut Off will depend upon various factors like number of candidates applied, difficulty level of exam, previous years cut off trends etc.
Indian Navy MR 2020 Result
Candidates will be able to check the Indian Navy MR 2020 Result through online mode. The result/merit list will be announced on 21st February, 2020.
Candidates have to enter their date of birth and roll number to check the result. Indian Navy MR 2020 Result will be declared separately for each stage. The shortlisted candidates get the intimation of selection and the next round in their respective email IDs and phone numbers.
The Indian Navy will prepare a merit list (state wise) for the students shortlisted for PFT round. After completing the PFT & medical examination round, the final result will be declared. The final result or merit list will contain the name and roll number of the selected candidates.
You can keep visiting for latest news and updates regarding Indian Navy MR Recruitment 2020. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.