Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Overview
Indian Coast Guard recruitment 2020 will be started in the month of July 2019. Indian Coast Guard (ICG) is an armed force of the union. The authority invites applications for recruitment to the Navik (General Duty), Yantrik & other posts in ICG.
Candidates have to qualify two stages of selection procedure, i.e. written test and physical fitness round to get recruit. The examination for ICG entry will be conducted only one time in a year.
Below we have provided details about Indian Coast Guard 2020 recruitment including application form, eligibility, dates, vacancies, selection process etc.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Exam Schedule
In the table given below, we have mentioned the tentative schedule of Indian Coast Guard recruitment 2020 Exam:
|Application form starts||1st week of July 2019|
|End date to submit the application form||2nd week of July 2019|
|Release of admit card||Last week of July 2019|
|Date of exam||September – October 2019|
|List of finally selected candidates||December 2019 & January 2020|
|Training period||February 2020|
Indian Coast Guard 2020 Exam Summary
Indian Coast Guard 2020 Vacancy, Salary & Benefits
- On joining Indian Coast Guard as Navik you will get Basic pay Rs. 21700/- (Pay Level-3) plus Dearness & other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting.
- Free Ration and clothing as per the existing rules.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Promotion prospects will exists upto the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale Rs.47600/- (Pay Level 8).
Indian Coast Guard 2020 Application Form
Candidates must check the details given below before filing the application form:
- Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Application Form will be invited through online mode only.
- It will be released in the month of July 2019.
- Candidate’s details should be matched as per the 10th class certificate.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
Also See: Indian Coast Guard 2020 Application Form
- The images should be in JPEG format and size must be 10 kb to 40 kb (photograph) and 10 kb to 30 kb (signature).
- After the successful submission of Indian Coast Guard 2020 application, candidates will receive a unique Application/Registration number.
- Multiple applications from a single candidate will lead to rejection.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment Previous Year Question Papers
The previous year question papers of Indian Coast Guard exam will be uploaded in this section. By practicing previous year question papers, candidates will get familiarize with the exam pattern & manage their time.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Eligibility
The eligibility for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Navik Post is provided below:
- Citizenship & Gender – Only male Indian National candidates will be eligible to apply for Indian Coast Guard 2020.
- Age Limit – For general category, the minimum age limit is 18 year and maximum age is 22 years. Candidates must have born between 1st February 1998 to 31st January 2002. 5 year relaxation in age limit will be given to SC/ST & 3 years relaxation for OBC category.
- Qualification – 12th passed with at least 50% marks in total and 50% marks separately in mathematics and physics subjects. Relaxation in cut-off will be given to reserved categories.
- PwD Candidates – Physically challenged candidates will not be eligible to apply for Indian Coast Guard 2020.
- Medically Fit – Candidates should be medically fit as per the norms decided by the authority.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 has been provided below:
- Mode – Offline Mode (pen and paper based mode)
- Type of Questions – Objective type questions with multiple answers.
- Sections – Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, general knowledge, current affairs, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc.
- Language – English and Hindi both.
- Negative Marking – No.
- Duration – 60 Minutes.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Syllabus
Candidates should prepare for the exam as per the syllabus given below:
|Maths||Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Sequences and Series, Logarithms, Trigonometry, Circles, Conic Sections, Permutations and Combinations, Vectors, Sets and Set Theory, Straight Lines, Statistics, 3D Geometry, Probability Function, Differentiation, Integrals, Matrices, Limits and Continuity, Determinants.|
|Chemistry||Metals and Non Metals, solid, liquid or gaseous, elements, Organic Chemistry, periodic table, chemical reactions.|
|GK & Current Affairs||Culture and Religion, Inland Harbours, Freedom Movement, Sports : championships/Winners/Terms/No. of Players, Defence, Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Wars and Neighbours, Current Affairs, Heritage and Arts, Dance, History, Languages, Capitals and Currencies, Important National Facts about India, National : Bird/ Animal/ Sport/ Flower/ Anthem/ Song/ Flag/ Monuments, Full forms and Abbreviations, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition, Eminent Personalities, Common Names, Award and Authors.|
|Physics||Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Gravitation, Solids and Fluids, Heat Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Optics, Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Principles of Communication.|
|English||Passage, Preposition, direct indirect sentences, Verbs/Tense/Non Finites, Punctuation, Correction of sentences, active passive voice, Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Compound preposition, Synonyms and Antonyms, Use of adjective, Determiners, Use of pronouns.|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning||Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Classification, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding, Problem Solving, Blood relation, similarities and differences, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations, Word Building, Coding and de-coding.|
Indian Coast Guard 2020 Recruitment Process
The recruitment process of Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 will comprises of three stages, i.e. written test, PFT (Physical Fitness Test) and Medical examination. Candidates have to qualify all rounds to get selected.
Firstly, candidates have to qualify the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 written exam. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for PFT round. The written exam and PFT will be conducted within two days.
The PFT round will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 10 Push up and 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak).
After clearing both rounds, candidates will have to go through the medical examination. Final Medical Examination will be done at INS Chilka. After that, a list of selected candidates will be released through the website depending upon the available vacancies.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check some beneficial preparation tips for Indian Coast Guard 2020 examination from below:
- Keep yourself updated with the latest events and happening. It will help you in the GK section.
- Practice a lot of reasoning questions & other syllabus.
- Firstly, try to focus on clearing the written test, because it will decide whether you are staying in selection round or not.
- Start running or going for a jog. It will help you to maintain a basic level of fitness required to qualify the PFT round.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Books
Some of the popular books for Indian Coast Guard recruitment are listed below:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment Exam (English, Paperback, Lal M. B.)
- Coast Guard Navik Paper Set Hindi Medium by Ram Singh Yadav
- Bhartiya Tatrakshak Navik Bharti Pariksha by Arihant Experts
- Indian Coast Guard Navik General Duty Guide 2018 by Arihant Experts
Indian Coast Guard 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be released through online mode only. Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Admit Card will be released in the month of July 2019.
Candidates will have to provide their registration number and Email ID to download the admit card.
Candidates will have to carry three copies of Indian Coast Guard 2020 Admit Card along with latest identical color passport size photographs with Blue background.
It is mandatory to bring the required documents along with two sets of photocopies at the examination centre. Scrutiny of documents will be done on the examination day.
Indian Coast Guard 2020 Cut-Off
The cut-off may be released by the authority through online mode. Candidates will be selected for further admission rounds on the basis of released cut –off.
The Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Cut-Off will be published in the month of December 2019. The cut off will be different for all the categories. The cut-off will vary on various factors like number of candidates, difficulty level of exam, previous year cut off trends etc.
Indian Coast Guard 2020 Result
Candidates will be able to check the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Result through the website. The result will be available in the month of January 2020.
The final selection will be done on the basis of written exam, PFT and medical examination. The list will be published zone wise through the website.
The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage are received by the authority. Candidates must keep safe the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2020 Result for further procedure.