Indian Coast Guard Application Form: The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) is an armed force that safeguards the maritime interest of India and operates under the Ministry of Defence. It invites application for various posts like Yantrik, assistant commandant, Navik for domestic branch and Navik in general duty.
The candidates who dream to be a part of Indian Coast Guard can Apply for Navik (General Duty) by filling the online application form which has been recently released by the officials.
Complete details about the Indian Coast Guard 2020 application form is given in the article below.
Latest – The application dates for Indian Coast Guard 2020 batch has been released.
Indian Coast Guard 2020 Application Form
Candidates should know the basic points about the Indian Coast Guard 2020 recruitment application form for the post of Navik. These points are given below:
- The application form will be accepted in online mode from 26th August 2019.
- Before filling the application form, candidates shall go through the official notification.
- Candidates shall first make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria required to appear in the examination.
- Candidates shall go through all the guidelines prescribed to fill the application form and follow those.
- The application form shall be filled by the dedicated candidates.
- Candidates shall not send the hard copy of the application form to the commission.
Indian Coast Guard Application Dates 2020
The important dates for Indian Coast Guard Application 2020 are given in the table below. Candidates shall prepare for the exam in advance after going through these dates:
|Online Application Start Date||26th August 2019|
|Online Application Last Date||1st September 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||Few days before the examination|
|Indian Coast Guard 2020 Examination||October(tentative)|
Indian Coast Guard 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria laid down by the Indian Coast Guard for the post of Navik (General Duty) is based upon the educational qualification, physical fitness and age limit of the candidates. Details are given below:
Minimum age required for the post is 18 years while the maximum age is fixed to 22 years which means that the candidates should be born between 01 Feb 1998 and 31 Jan 2002.
Age relaxation is provided to SC/ST candidates for 5 years and to OBC candidates for 3 years.
Candidates who have passed Class XII with Math and Physics from a recognized education board with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
Relaxation of 5% is provided to SC/ST candidates and sports personnel of National Level who have obtained 1st position in any field of sports. Relaxation is also provided to the ward of coast guard uniform personnel who deceased while in service.
Candidates shall be physically and medically fit according to the standards set by the authorities to select the candidates for the required post.
How to fill the Indian Coast Guard 2020 Application form?
Candidates shall read and understand the steps given below very carefully as filling the application form is the most important part in the selection process for any post. These are some guidelines for filling the application form:
- The application form will be available from 26th August 2019 in the official website of Indian Coast Guard.
- Candidates have to fill the application form online by clicking on the “Opportunity” button in the website and then select the post “Navik General Duty”.
- Click on “I Agree” button and the online application form will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates shall then start filling the application form carefully according to the instructions.
- All-star marked (*) entries are compulsory to fill.
- Candidates then have to upload their photograph and signature in .jpeg format.
- The image quality should be 200 dpi and the size shall be between 10kb to 40kb for photograph and 10 kb to 30 kb for signature.
- Check all the filled details again and click on the “Submit button”.
- After the successful submission of the application form, a registration number and password is be generated that will be sent to the candidates in their respective email id and contact number.
- The registration slip generated by the system shall be kept securely by the candidates for further reference.
Points to be kept in mind while filling the personal details:
|Candidate’s name, Fathers’ name, Mother’s name||Shall be as per the matriculation certificate|
|Gender||Choose Male/Female from the dropdown menu|
|Date of Birth||As per matriculation certificate in DD/MM/YY format|
|Address||Shall be a permanent address|
|Email Id/contact number||Shall be a valid one and shall remain valid unless the whole selection process finishes.|
|Educational Qualification||Whether passed or appearing in the required qualification.|
Indian Coast Guard 2020 Essential Documents
Candidates have to keep these documents ready before filling the online application form and also while document verification. List of relevant documents required:
- Matriculation Mark sheet (for reference)
- Photo ID proof (for reference)
- Class 12th Mark Sheet (for reference)
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned photograph with blue background and signature (to be uploaded)
- Domicile Certificate
Indian Coast Guard 2020 FAQs
- When do I have to produce the original documents? When will the authority return them?
Ans. The candidates have to produce the original documents at the time of the written test that will be returned after the verification.
- Do I also have to send the application to ICG in offline mode?
Ans. No, the application will not be accepted through any other mode except online.
- I have done my 12th from the open board; can I apply for the post?
Ans. Candidates from “Open Schools” institutes not recognized by Govt. / AICTE are not eligible.
- Can a physically challenged candidate apply for this post?
Ans. No, a physically challenged candidate cannot apply for this post.
- How many examination centers can we choose?
Ans. The candidates are to choose only one center from the list mentioned against the state to which they belong (according to Domicile).
- What if a candidate does not have a personal contact number?
Ans. The contact number of Parents/Guardian shall be mentioned with name in this case.
- The photograph shall be coloured or black and white? Can I bring an old passport size photograph?
Ans. The photograph should be coloured and not older than one month.
- What if a candidate has submitted multiple application forms?
Ans. Filling of multiple applications will result in the cancellation of all applications.
Indian Coast Guard 2020 Important points
We have mentioned below very important points that the candidates shall know about the Indian Coast Guard 2020 application form:
- Request for change of examination Center or examination date will not be entertained.
- Candidates who will not produce the original documents at the time of examination will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- Original certificates produced at the time of verification shall not be attached with the application form.
- If any variation is found in the application at the time of verification, the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.
- Qualified candidates will have to submit one copy of all the documents at the examination Centre.
- Candidates who will not meet the eligibility criteria will see a “Rejection Slip giving the cause of rejection with the Application Number” on the screen.
- Any Variation from 10th Certificate regarding Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Percentage (%) in 12th mark sheet and category will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
We hope that you liked the Indian Coast Guard 2020 Application Form. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.