IFS 2020 Application Form: Indian Forest Services (IFS) examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in two stages: Preliminary examination and Mains examination. Candidates who want to make their career in the field of forestry as an Officer shall first fill the online application form for UPSC IFS.
The commission releases various vacancies every year for the post of Indian Forest Officers. We have provided below the detailed information about the IFS 2020 Application form.
UPSC IFS 2020 Application Form
The application form for IFS 2020 examination will be available from 12th February 2020. Candidates are advised to read and understand the given points:
- Candidates shall first make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria required to appear in IFS 2020 examination.
- The opportunity of filling the application form for IFS 2020 will be till 3rd March 2020.
- Candidates have to fill the application form through online mode by visiting the official website of UPSC.
- Candidates shall go through all the guidelines prescribed to fill the application form.
- The application form shall be filled by the candidates who want to serve in IFS with true dedication and loyalty.
- Candidates shall not send the print out of the application form or any other document to the authorities in any other mode except online.
IFS Application Dates 2020
UPSC has announced the important dates for IFS 2020 Application which is given in the table below. Candidates can prepare well in advance after going through these dates:
|Online Application Start Date||12th February 2020|
|Online Application Last Date||3rd March 2020|
|IFS 2020 Admit Card||Few days before the examination|
|IFS 2020 Preliminary Examination||31st May 2020|
|IFS 2020 Mains Examination||22nd November 2020|
IFS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria laid down by UPSC for IFS 2020 examination is based upon the educational qualification, nationality and age limit of the candidates which varies according to the institution. Details are given below:
Candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India; or
- a subject of Bhutan/Nepal; or
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1963
- a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Vietnam, United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi or Zaire.
The age of the candidates applying for IFS shall be between 21 years to 32 years. Relaxation is provided to the reserved categories for the upper age limit as follows:
The minimum educational qualification required for the post is a degree of graduation from any recognized university with any one or more subjects: Forestry/Chemistry/Engineering/Mathematics/Zoology/Physics/Statistics/Animal Husbandry/Veterinary Sciences/Botany.
How to fill the IFS 2020 Application form?
The application form will be filled in two stages. Candidates are advised to read the points given below very carefully as filling the application form is the foremost and most important step for getting into the services they wish to become a part of:
Candidates will have to start from stage 01 to fill the application form. The steps are given below:
- Candidates shall first log on to the official website of UPSC and go to “What’s new” to fill Part I of the registration.
- After this, press “DAF Indian Forest Service Examination” which will take you to the official notification of UPSC IFS exam.
- Candidates shall carefully read and understand all the details given in the notification.
- The candidates have to enter all the details like name, father’s name, gender, community, email address, contact number, educational qualification, etc in Part I.
- Now the candidates have to mention the details of the photo identity card, percentage in graduation, exam center, language medium, and other details.
- After all the steps given above, candidates shall re-check the details mentioned in the application form.
- A confirmation form will be displayed on the screen where the candidates can update the form but after this, no changes can be made in the application form.
- The candidates have to submit the application form once all the required details are filled.
- A registration slip will be generated by the system for Part I after that and candidates shall take its print out for further reference.
Points to be kept in mind while filling the personal details in Stage 1:
|Candidate’s name, Fathers’ name, Mother’s name||Shall be as per the matriculation certificate|
|Gender||Choose Male/Female from the dropdown menu|
|Date of Birth||As per matriculation certificate in DD/MM/YY format|
|Address||Shall be a permanent address|
|Email Id/contact number||Shall be a valid one and shall remain valid unless the whole selection process finishes.|
|Educational Qualification||Whether passed or appearing in the required qualification.|
Stage 2 is an important part of the registration and is done by following the steps given below:
- The candidates will be first of all taken to the payment gateway where application fee will be submitted.
- The application fee can be submitted in any mode (online/offline). For payment of fee through net banking or cash, candidates can only use State Bank of India.
- After submitting the application fee, candidates have to choose an examination center for the written examination.
- Candidates then have to upload the photograph and signature in .jpg format. The size should be between 20 kb and 300 kb.
- Candidates will also have to upload a scanned copy of the photo ID whose details have been provided in the application form.
- At last, candidates have to agree with the declaration and submit the form.
- After the final submission of the application form, candidates shall take a print out of the registration slip and payment slip.
|General/EWS/OBC (Male)||Rs 100|
|Females (all categories)||Exempted|
It is very important to keep all the relevant documents handy while filling the application form to skip all the discrepancies. So the required documents are:
- Matriculation Mark sheet (for reference)
- Photo ID proof (to be uploaded)
- Graduation pass certificate (for reference)
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned photograph and signature (to be uploaded)
- Debit/Credit Card (For Fee Payment)
IFS 2020 FAQs
- When is IFS 2020 Preliminary Examination?
Ans. The UPSC IFS 2020 Preliminary Examination will be conducted on 31st May 2020.
- What is the number of attempts for IFS examination?
Ans. General Category candidates can give up to 6 attempts while the same is increased to 9 for OBC and General (PWD) candidates. There is no bar for SC/ST candidates.
- What is the application fee for IFS 2020?
Ans. Candidates are required to pay Rs 100 as application fee. The fee is exempted for females/SC/ST/PH candidates.
- How can I do correction in my application form?
Ans. No correction window is opened by UPSC so candidates shall fill all the details carefully and also re-check the same before finally submitting the form.
- What if I have submitted multiple application forms?
Ans. Candidates shall avoid doing so but in such case, UPSC accepts the last submitted application and all the previous applications are ignored.
- From where can I fill the IFS application form?
Ans. Candidates shall visit the official website of UPSC to fill the application form. You can check the article above for complete details about the same.
- What action is taken by the commission if a candidate submits false information?
Ans. The candidate who furnishes any false information or suppresses any relevant information can be debarred anytime from the selection process by the commission.
- Will my fee be adjusted if I submit multiple applications?
Ans. No, the fee will neither be adjusted nor refunded in any circumstances.
IFS 2020 Important Points
Here are some important points that should be noted by the candidates about IFS 2020 Application form:
- Candidates shall take utmost care while filling the application form as UPSC give no chance to edit the application form.
- Candidates shall avoid submitting multiple application forms to avoid any type of confusion.
- An incomplete application form will not be considered valid.
- The candidates shall make sure that they have uploaded the correct details and documents.
- The application form shall be submitted before the last date prescribed for its submission.
- Candidates shall not furnish any false information related to their personal or educational details.
- It is always advised that candidates should keep on checking their emails and online details to remain updated of the latest news by the authorities.
Bookmark this page for latest news and updates regarding IFS 2020 Application Form. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.