Indian Economic Services & Statistical Services (IES/ISS): Every year Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites applications for various posts in Indian Economic Services (IES/ISS) and Indian Statistical Services (ISS). The candidates who are interested and eligible can apply for the posts before the last date fixed for filling the application form.
A good chance has been provided to the candidates who want to make their career in the Central Government sector. A detailed article about the UPSC IES/ISS 2020 Application Form is given below.
IES/ISS 2020 Application Form
The IES/ISS 2020 application form will be filled in two stages in online mode. The application form will be available from 25th March 2020. Candidates shall read and understand the given points:
- Firstly, candidates shall make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria set by the commission to appear in the examination.
- The last date of filing the application form for IES/ISS 2020 will be till 13th April 2020.
- Candidates have to fill the application form online by visiting the official website of UPSC.
- Candidates shall go through all the guidelines prescribed by the commission and follow those to fill the application form.
- The application form shall be filled by the candidates who want to serve the nation through class 1 Officer’s posts of IES/ISS with true commitment.
- Candidates are not required to send the hard copy or print out of the application form to the commission.
IES/ISS Application Dates 2020
UPSC has announced the important dates for IES/ISS 2020 application which is given in the table below. Candidates can prepare well in advance after getting an idea about the application dates as follows:
|Online Application Start Date||25th March 2020|
|Online Application Last Date||13th April 2020|
|Admit Card 2020||Few days before the examination|
|IES/ISS 2020 Examination||26th June 2020|
|IES/ISS 2020 Result||To be announced later|
IES/ISS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria laid down by UPSC for IES/ISS 2020 examination is based upon the educational qualification, nationality, physical requirements and age limit of the candidates. Details are given below:
Candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India; or
- a subject of Bhutan/Nepal; or
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1963
- a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Country of Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Vietnam, United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi or Zaire.
The age of the candidates applying for IES/ISS shall be between 21 years to 30 years. Relaxation is provided to the reserved category for the upper age limit as follows:
|OBC/Defence Services Personnel||03 years|
|Indian Economic Services (IES)||Must have a PG degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Econometrics/Business Economics|
|Indian Statistical Services (ISS)||Must have a Bachelor’s degree with Statistics/Applied Statistics/Mathematical Statistics as one of the subjects or a master’s degree in Statistics/Applied Statistics/Mathematical Statistics.|
Candidates must be physically fit according to the medical and physical standards set by the commission for the selection of candidates in IES/ISS.
How to fill the IES/ISS 2020 Application form?
Candidates are advised to read the steps given below very carefully because filling the IES/ISS application form is a very important part to get into the selection process of the post. These are stages for filling the application form:
Candidates will have to start from part 01 to fill the application form. The steps are given below:
- Candidates shall first log on to the official website of UPSC and go to “Online Applications” to get registered. You can skip this step if you are already registered.
- New candidates shall go to the “new user” tab and start filling the details in the registration form.
- The candidates have to enter the details like name, father’s name, gender, nationality, email address, contact number, academic details, etc.
- Once all the required details are filled, candidates should re-check those details and click on “Save and Continue”.
- Registration number and password will be generated and sent to the mobile number and email ID of the candidates.
- Candidates get finally registered with UPSC & tab for the next part is displayed at the bottom.
- In part 02, candidates have to login by registration number and date of birth.
- Candidates will be directed to the payment gateway and have to fill the prescribed fee in any mode (online or offline) mode through SBI.
- Candidates are also required to select an examination center in this part.
- In the next step, candidates will have to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature according to the specifications which are mentioned here:
|Photograph||3kb – 40kb||140 X 110||.jpg|
|Signature||1kb – 40kb||110 X 140||.jpg|
- After doing all the steps, candidates shall go through the application form thoroughly.
- Agree to the declaration if you are sure that all the details are correct and true. Then click on the “Submit button”.
- A registration slip will be generated after that and candidates are advised to take its print out for further reference.
|General/EWS/OBC (Male)||Rs 200|
|Females (all categories)||Exempted|
IES/ISS 2020 Documents Needed
It is very important to keep all the important documents ready while filling the application form to skip all the discrepancies. So the required documents are:
- Matriculation Mark sheet (for reference)
- Photo ID proof (for reference)
- Graduation pass certificate (for reference)
- Certificate of qualifying examination (for reference)
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned photograph and signature (to be uploaded)
- Debit/Credit Card (For Fee Payment)
Important points while filling the personal details:
|Candidate’s name, Fathers’ name, Mother’s name||Shall be as per the matriculation certificate|
|Gender||Choose Male/Female from the dropdown menu|
|Date of Birth||As per matriculation certificate in DD/MM/YY format|
|Address||Shall be a permanent address|
|Email Id/contact number||Shall be a valid one and shall remain valid unless the whole selection process finishes.|
|Educational Qualification||Whether passed or appearing in the required qualification.|
IES/ISS 2020 FAQs
- When is IES/ISS 2020 Preliminary Examination?
Ans. The UPSC IES/ISS 2020 Preliminary Examination will be conducted on 26th June 2020.
- When will the application for IES/ISS 2020 start?
Ans. The online application form for IES/ISS/ISS 2020 will be available from 25th March 2020.
- How can I do correction in my application form?
Ans. No correction can be done once the form is finally submitted. You can only submit a new application form with correct details.
- Is there any age relaxation for defence personnel?
Ans. Yes, age relaxation of 3 years is provided to the defence personnel.
- Can the application form be filled offline?
Ans. No, candidates cannot fill the form offline. They shall visit the official website of UPSC to fill the application form.
- What actions are taken by the commission if it finds that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria?
Ans. The commission can anytime cancel the candidature of candidates for the examination or after the examination if it is found that they do not meet the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- Can the examination center be changed?
Ans. The exam center cannot be changed after the application form has been finally submitted. Candidates will not be allowed to sit in the examination if they are found to appear in a different exam center than provided.
- Can the application fee be paid through offline mode?
Ans. Yes, the candidates can pay the application fee via SBI e-challan in any nearest branch of SBI.
IES/ISS 2020 Important Points
Some important points are given here for the candidates about IES/ISS 2020 Application form:
- Candidates shall carefully fill the application form as they will not be given another chance to edit the form.
- Candidates are advised to fill and submit only one application form.
- Defective and incomplete application forms are not considered valid and are rejected summarily by the authorities.
- The candidates shall keep the attested copies of the original relevant documents ready after the declaration of results.
- The photograph and signature uploaded by the candidates shall be clear and meet the specification provided.
- The candidates shall not wait for the last date to submit the application form and it shall be submitted before the last date prescribed for its submission to avoid any kind of error later.
- Candidates shall not fill or upload any wrong information related to their personal or educational details.
- Candidates shall provide the valid email Id and contact number because all the important communications are done through it by the commission.
We hope that you liked the IES/ISS 2020 Application form. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.