IES 2020 Application Form: Indian Engineering Services (IES)/Engineering Services Examinations (ESE) application forms are released by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year to select engineering graduates to work in various Government Sectors like roadways, railways, energy, defense, etc.
The examination is conducted only for four branches of engineering: Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Electronics & Telecommunication. Candidates who are interested can fill the online application form details of which are given below. article on IES registration 2020.
IES 2020 Application Form
The IES 2020 application form will be filled in two stages in online mode. The application form will be available from 25th September 2019. Candidates shall read and understand the given points:
- Firstly, candidates shall make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria set by the commission to appear in the examination.
- The last date of filing the application form for IES 2020 will be till 15th October 2019.
- Candidates have to fill the application form online by visiting the official website of UPSC.
- Candidates shall go through all the guidelines and follow those to fill the application form.
- The application form shall be filled by the candidates who want to serve through IES with true commitment and sincerity.
- Candidates are not required to send the hard copy or print out of the application form to the commission.
IES Application Dates 2020
UPSC has announced the important exam dates for IES 2020 Application which is given in the table below. Candidates can prepare well in advance after getting an idea about the application dates:
|Online Application Start Date||25th September 2019|
|Online Application Last Date||15th October 2019|
|IES 2020 Admit Card||Few days before the examination|
|IES 2020 Preliminary Examination||5th January 2020|
|IES 2020 Mains Examination||28th June 2020|
IES 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria laid down by UPSC for IES 2020 examination is based upon the educational qualification, nationality, physical requirements and age limit of the candidates. Details are given below:
Candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India; or
- a subject of Bhutan/Nepal; or
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1963
- a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Vietnam, United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi or Zaire.
The age of the candidates applying for IES shall be between 21 years to 30 years. Relaxation is provided to the reserved categories for the upper age limit as follows:
The candidates must have the following in order to fill the criteria of educational qualifications required for the post:
- A degree in Engineering from a recognized university/institute; or
- passed Section A & section B from the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers of India; or
- a degree/diploma in Engineering from a recognized foreign University/College/Institution; or
- passed Graduate Membership Exam of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers; or
- passed Associate Membership Exam Parts II and III of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
- passed Graduate Membership Exam of the Institution of Electronics & Radio Engineers.
Candidates shall also meet the medical and physical standards set by the commission for the selection of candidates.
How to fill the IES 2020 Application form?
Candidates are advised to read the steps given below very carefully as filling the application form is the most important part for getting into the engineering services you have been dreaming of. These are the stages for filling the application form:
Candidates will have to start from part 01 to fill the application form. The steps are given below:
- Candidates shall first log on to the official website of UPSC and go to “Online Applications” to get registered. Skip this step if you are already registered.
- New candidates shall go to the “new user” tab and start filling the details in the registration form.
- The candidates have to enter the personal details like name, father’s name, gender, nationality, email address, contact number, academic details, etc.
- Once all these required details are filled, candidates should re-check the details filled and click on “Save and Continue”.
- Registration number and password will be generated and sent to the contact number and email ID of the candidates.
- Candidates get finally registered with UPSC & link for the next part is then displayed.
- To start with part 02, candidates have to login by registration number and date of birth.
- Candidates will be directed to the payment gateway and have to fill the prescribed fee in online or offline mode through SBI.
- One examination center will also have to be selected by the candidates.
- In the next step, candidates will have to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature according to these specifications:
|Photograph||3kb – 40kb||140 X 110||.jpg|
|Signature||1kb – 40kb||110 X 140||.jpg|
- After all the above steps, candidates shall go through the application form thoroughly.
- Agree to the declaration if you are sure that all the details are correct and true and then click on the Submit button.
- A registration slip will be generated by the system after that and candidates shall take its print out for further reference.
|General/EWS/OBC (Male)||Rs 200|
|Females (all categories)||Exempted|
It is very important to keep all the relevant documents handy while filling the application form to skip all the discrepancies. So the required documents are:
- Matriculation Mark sheet (for reference)
- Photo ID proof (to be uploaded)
- Graduation pass certificate (for reference)
- Certificate of qualifying examination (for reference)
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned photograph and signature (to be uploaded)
- Debit/Credit Card (For Fee Payment)
Points to be kept in mind while filling the personal details in Part 1:
|Candidate’s name, Fathers’ name, Mother’s name||Shall be as per the matriculation certificate|
|Gender||Choose Male/Female from the dropdown menu|
|Date of Birth||As per matriculation certificate in DD/MM/YY format|
|Address||Shall be a permanent address|
|Email Id/contact number||Shall be a valid one and shall remain valid unless the whole selection process finishes.|
|Educational Qualification||Whether passed or appearing in the required qualification.|
IES 2020 Application Form FAQs
- When is IES 2020 Preliminary Examination?
Ans. The UPSC IES 2020 Preliminary Examination will be conducted on 5th January 2020.
- When can I Apply for IES 2020?
Ans. The online application form for IES 2020 will be available from 25th September 2019.
- What is the last date for doing correction in the application form?
Ans. No correction can be done once the form is finally submitted so candidates shall fill all the details carefully. You can submit a new application form with correct details.
- Can candidates submit multiple application forms?
Ans. Candidates shall avoid doing so as the candidature can also be cancelled. But in unavoidable case, UPSC accepts the application form with higher Registration ID and all other applications are ignored.
- From where can I fill the application form?
Ans. Candidates shall visit the official website of UPSC to fill the application form. You can check the article above for complete details about the same.
- What action is taken by the commission if it finds that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria?
Ans. The commission can anytime cancel the candidature of candidates for the examination if it is found that they do not meet the eligibility criteria.
- Can I change my exam center?
Ans. The exam center cannot be changed after the application form has been finally submitted.
- Can the application fee be paid through offline mode?
Ans. Yes, the candidates can pay the application fee via SBI e-challan in any nearest branch of SBI.
IES 2020 Key Points
Here are some important points that should be noted by the candidates about IES 2020 Application form:
- Candidates shall take utmost care while filling the application form as UPSC give no chance to edit the application form later.
- Candidates are advised to fill only a single application form.
- Defective and incomplete application forms are not considered valid and are rejected summarily.
- The candidates shall keep ready the attested copies of the relevant documents after the declaration of results.
- The photograph and signature uploaded by the candidates shall be cropped and clear.
- The application form shall be submitted before the last date prescribed for its submission to avoid any kind of error on the last date.
- Candidates shall not furnish any false information related to their personal or educational details.
- Candidates shall provide the valid email Id and contact number as all the communications are done through it by the commission.
We hope that you liked the IES 2020 Application Form. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.