The West Bengal State Level Selection Test (WB SLST) is an entrance test conducted by the West Bengal Central School Service Commission to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Teachers in the Non-Government/Government aided/sponsored Secondary/Higher Secondary School.
Two papers are conducted by the commission: One for Class IX-X and another for Class XI-XII.
In this article, you can check out the exam date, vacancies, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, notification PDF, cut off, admit card, salary structure, etc of WB SLST 2020.
WB SLST 2020 Exam Dates
The dates for the exams may be changed by the board but we are providing you the expected exam dates based on the previous year schedule.
Following are the tentative exam dates for SLST 2020 exams:
|Notification Date||February 2020|
|First date of Online Application||February 2020|
|Last date of Online Application||March 2020|
|Admit Card Date||April 2020|
|SLST Exam Date||April 2020|
|SLST Answer Key||To be notified later|
|SLST Result Date||To be announced later|
WB SLST 2020 Exam Summary
|Name of the Exam||West Bengal State Level Selection Test (SLST)|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Central School Service Commission (WBSSC)|
|Exam Type||State Level Recruitment Exam|
|Who can Apply||Depends according to the Papers|
|Medium of Exam||Hindi and English|
WB SLST 2020 Vacancy
The vacancies for SLST 2020 (Assistant Teacher) are released by WBSSC on its official website. More than 18 thousand vacancies were released last year from which more than 10 thousand vacancies were for Assistant teachers of Class IX-X level and around 6200 vacancies for Assistant Teachers of Class XI-XII level.
Students can check the vacancies subject wise in the official website of the Board and get an idea about the current year vacancies for the same.
The new vacancies may increase or decrease so the candidates should stay updated with the official website of the board as every change related to the vacancies will be updated therein.
West Bengal Teacher’s Salary
WB SLST 2020 salary of the teachers depends upon their eligibility, experience and qualification and also differs from school to school. The salary in the Government school increases according to the pay commission.
According to a report, the pay band of the teachers in West Bengal ranges between Rs 9000/- to Rs 35000/- or could be more depending on various other factors. Other allowances and benefits are also provided by the schools to the teachers.
The average salary of the teachers of West Bengal is around Rs 13000/- which is 26% less than the national average.
WB SLST 2020 Application Form
All the interested candidates who want to enroll in SLST 2020 should fill the application form from the official website of the board. The form should be filled within the prescribed period. The application forms for SLST 2020 are expected to be available in the first week of February 2020.
- Candidates have to fill personal details like Name, Father’s name, Date of Birth, Qualifications, Phone number; Address, etc.
- The candidates also have to upload the scanned copy of their photograph and signature.
- The photograph and signature should be uploaded in jpg format or any other format asked as no other format will be accepted.
- At the time of filing the application form, candidates shall make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria required to apply for the particular category.
- Candidates should also read other instructions properly so that no problem occurs in the further process.
Any request for the correction should be made before the final date mentioned for correction otherwise the request will not be entertained by the authority. The candidates should keep the hard copy of the application form with themselves for further use.
Payment can be made online (through Net banking/ credit card/ debit card) or offline (through e-challan within 24 hours from the submission of application form) in the nearest branch of Allahabad bank in West Bengal. Fee will be not be refunded in any circumstance.
WB SLST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Age: The minimum age limit is 20 years and the maximum is 40 years.
Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and 8 years for Physically Handicapped Candidates.
For Honours Graduate/Post Graduate Teachers
- Honours Graduate/Post Graduate or equivalent with minimum 50% marks from UGC recognized university and Ed from NCTE recognized institute
- Honours Graduate/Post Graduate or equivalent with minimum 50% marks from UGC recognized university and A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed from any NCTE recognized institute
For Work Education Teachers
- Graduate from UGC recognized University with PG Basic Training/Work Education as a subject in Bachelor of Education in regular course from a Teachers’ Training Institution duly recognized by NCTE; or
- Graduate with Degree/Diploma in Art and craft from any UGC Recognized University; or
- Graduate with Degree/Diploma in Tailoring and needle work from any Institution recognized by UGC recognized University; or
- Graduate from UGC recognized University with minimum two years Degree/Diploma in the Work Education curriculum awarded by any UGC recognized University; or
- Graduate from UGC recognized University with at least 2 years Degree/Diploma in the Work Education curriculum; or
- Graduate Degree in Home Science/Agriculture/Graduate in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software systems from any UGC recognized University; or
- Graduate in General Stream in Arts/Science/Commerce with Computer Science/Computer Application as a subject with minimum 300 marks at the degree level from any UGC recognized University
For Physical Education Teachers:
- Graduation with Physical Education as one of the subject with 50% marks; or
- Bachelor’s Degree with Physical Education as one of the subject with 45% marks and have participated in National/State/Inter University competitions in sports/games/athletics recognized by Association of Indian University or Indian Olympic Association
- Graduation with minimum 45% marks and 3 years of teaching experience according to NCTE Regulations, 2009
- Graduate in Physical Education with at least 40% marks
- Graduate who has secured 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in Inter-College sports/games/tournaments possessing NCC ‘C’ certificate or have passed basic course in Adventure Sports
- Graduate with one year training programme in sports scheme, Sports Management , Sports Coaching , Yoga, Olympic Education, Sports Journalism , etc according to NCTE
- P.Ed of at least one year or equivalent from any NCTE recognized institution
Note: Relaxation of 5% in minimum marks is given to the reserved categories.
The reserved candidates should bring the cast certificate issued to them by only West Bengal Government. The candidates of reserved categories who belong to other states are treated as General candidates and they are not given any relaxation in terms of Age, Qualification or Fees.
WB SLST 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam mode: The exam is conducted offline.
Duration: The candidates are given one hour to complete the written test
Language: The language of the paper will be bilingual, English and Hindi except the sections that are based on the concerned language subjects for test.
The selection will be strictly made on the basis of Merit that is determined by the result of written examination. Written examination will consist of 55 Multiple Choice Questions and each question will carry one mark.
Candidates will have to darken the circles in the OMR sheet with the ball black or blue pen. There will be no negative marking for the wrong answers marked. The level of examination will be Honours Level for Hons/ PG Post and Pass Level for Work Education/ Physical Education.
Qualifying marks for written examination:
WB SLST 2020 Syllabus
The SLST 2020 Syllabus contain many subjects like Physical Education, Work Education, Agriculture, Agronomy, Arabic, Arabic, Bengali, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Application, Computer Science, Economics, English, History, etc.
Each subject contains many topics and the knowledge of the Candidates for the same is tested through the examination. The candidates should prepare each and every topic according to the syllabus.
For complete syllabus of WB SLST 2020 (Click here)
WB SLST Previous Year Question Papers
- Candidates can do preparation for the exams by solving previous years SLST questions papers.
- As the exams are conducted offline, candidates can arrange the question papers by asking nearby or ex-candidates about it. Candidates can also practice from the sample papers which are given in the official website of SLST.
- The previous year question papers help the candidates to have a good idea about the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Candidates can also solve test series and mock papers topic wise. They should also have a thorough knowledge about the respective subjects they are qualified from.
- Various methods of solving a question should be used and then ultimately select the best one
Candidates can download question papers by simply clicking on the given link for previous years question papers (Click Here).
WB SLST 2020 Selection Process
The selection process for SLST 2020 includes three stages:
- Written Examination
- Academic Qualification
- Personal Interview
The marking schedule is given below:
|Written Examination||55 marks|
|Academic Qualification||35 marks|
|Personal Interview||10 marks|
After producing all the required documents before the board, the candidates are then selected on the basis of personal interview. Male candidates are not recommended for appointment in girl’s school.
WB SLST 2020 Preparation Tips
Go through the below given preparation tips for SLST 2020 to do better preparation for the exam:
- Make notes for the exams and go through those notes daily.
- Prepare a study routine dividing preparation time for various subjects.
- Solve sample papers & previous year’s questions papers.
- Attempt mock tests so that you can solve paper on time
- You can also use method of elimination and learn to use them efficiently in confusing options
Sample papers may also be given in the official PDF released by the board.
WB SLST 2020 Books and Study Material
Candidates can qualify the test by preparing from good books or study material. We have recommended here popular WB SLST 2020 books and study material with the help of which, the candidates can crack SLST 2020 exam.
The candidates can buy the book online from different sites. Some books are also available for EMI.
- SLST Parikshaya Bisay Itihsas by Adhyapak K Roy
- SLST Master Guide by Dr. Santosh Kumar Mandol
- SLST Physical Education by Dr. Kishore Mukhopadhyay
- Work Education by L.P Singh and Sushil Dogra
Candidates can also buy books separately for different subjects or one for all with sample papers according to their own wish.
WB SLST 2020 Admit Card
The admit card of WB SLST 2020 gets available online in the official website. Candidates have to download the admit card by entering their registration number and password provided at the time of online application.
- In case any discrepancy is noticed by the candidate regarding their personal details or center, he or she may immediately contact the exam cell for the correction before a prescribed date as no request will be considered after that date.
- All the candidates are advised to read and understand the instructions on the admit card and follow them.
- The mandatory documents and proof that is required to bring along with the admit card is also mentioned in the admit card only.
- The admit card contains all the necessary details like the Center name, Center Address, Roll number, etc.
- No candidate is allowed to enter the examination center unless he/she produce the admit card. The admit card is generally available one week before the exams.
WB SLST 2020 Cut-off marks
SLST 2020 Cut-off marks will also released soon by the board after the declaration of the result. The result is announced by the council through its official website.
- The SLST cut-off marks are the minimum marks required to get qualified in the exam.
- The category wise cut-off marks might be provided in the official website of SLST and candidates can check it in detail by entering the required details.
- The cut-off for a particular examination depends upon the number of candidates appearing, difficulty level of the exam, number of seats available, etc.
WB SLST 2020 Result
WB SLST 2020 merit list will be released by the board in its official site and the candidates who are declared qualified are awarded a certificate by the West Bengal Central School Service Commission. The result is generally released in the month of June.
- A separate certificate is given by the board to those candidates who appeared and qualified more than one test.
- Students can check their result by logging in to the official website.
- The WB SLST 2020 result is displayed on the screen when the students fill in the required details like application id, roll number, etc. & click on submit button.
- The answer key is also made available on the site few days before the announcement of the result.
- The statement of the marks is available by the board in the official website and candidates can check the result there only by entering their registration number.
Bookmark this page for latest news and updates regarding WB SLST 2020. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.