Rajasthan Teacher Eligibility Test (RTET 2020) is a test conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan to test the capability of the candidates who wants to become teacher in the Government schools of Rajasthan.
The Rajasthan TET is conducted every year and is a state level exam. The test is conducted to make sure that the quality requirement of teachers is not compromised at any cost. With this, students get the best teachers available in the state to guide the student’s future.
In this exam, there are two papers, Paper- I is for Primary and Paper- II is for Upper-Primary. The candidates who gets qualified in Paper- I are going to teach the students from Class I – Class V. While the candidates who gets qualified in Paper – II teaches the students from Class VI- Class VIII.
RTET 2020 Exam Dates
The dates for the exams may be changed by the board but we are providing you the tentative exam dates based on the previous year schedule.
Following are the tentative exam dates for RTET 2020 exams:
|Notification Date||August 2020|
|First date of Online Application||August 2020|
|Last date of Online Application||October 2020|
|Admit Card Date||November 2020|
|RTET Exam Date||November 2020|
|RTET Answer Key||To be notified later|
|RTET Result Date||To be announced later|
RTET 2020 Exam Summary
The RTET 2020 Exam summary is given below:
|Name of the Exam||Rajasthan Teacher Eligibility Test (RTET)|
|Conducting Body||Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan|
|Exam Type||State Level Recruitment Process for TGTs|
|Who can Apply||Varies with different exam|
|Medium of Exam||Hindi and English|
Rajasthan Teacher’s Vacancy
The RTET is a qualifying exam and hence no such vacancies are released in the notification released by the board. After qualifying the exam, the candidates become eligible to go for interviews in the Government or Private School.
The scorecard and certificate given to the candidates after qualifying the exam is a proof that the candidates have qualified the teaching eligibility exam and hence are eligible to become a teacher.
The certificate is given separately for all the levels which also help the schools in getting to know if the candidates can teach a particular class.
Rajasthan Teacher’s Salary
The salary of the teachers depends upon their eligibility, experience and qualification and also differs from school to school. The salary in the Government school may increase according to the pay commission.
According to a report, the average salary of the teachers of Rajasthan is 17% above than the national average, i.e. Rs 19,700.
RTET 2020 Application Form
All the interested candidates should fill the REET application form from the official website of the board. The form should be filled within the prescribed period.
- RTET 2020 application form is expected to be available in the first week of November 2020.
- At the time of filing the application form, candidates shall make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria required to apply for the particular category.
- Candidates should also read other instructions properly so that no problem occurs in the further process.
- No request for the correction of particulars will be entertained by the Board once the date for correction is over.
- The candidates should keep the hard copy of the application form with themselves for further reference.
- Rs 500/- (one paper) & Rs800/-(both papers) for general and OBC candidates
- Rs 250/-(one paper) & Rs500/-(both papers) for SC/ST/PWD
Fee will be Rs 400 for one paper and Rs 600 for both the papers
The mode of payment will be online only. Applicants may also need to upload their scanned documents. The print out of the application should also be taken by the candidates for further use.
RTET Previous Year Question Papers
Candidates can do better REET preparation by solving previous year question paper:
- As the exams are conducted offline, candidates can get the previous years papers for practice.
- Candidates can also practice from the sample papers which are given in the official website of RTET.
- The previous year question papers help the candidates to have a good idea about the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Candidates can also solve test series and mock papers topic wise. They should also have a thorough knowledge about the respective subjects they are qualified from.
Candidates can download question papers by simply clicking on the given link for previous years question papers (Click Here).
RTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There are some basic RTET eligibility criteria which are mandatory for everyone:
- Candidate must have cleared intermediate examinations with minimum 45% marks from a recognized university
- Candidate must have a diploma in teacher education from a recognized teaching institute
- The candidates whose results are awaited can also appear for the exams
Then here are the specific criteria of the eligibility for Paper-I and Paper-II.
Eligibility criteria for Paper-I:
- Candidates who have minimum 50% in BSc/BA and B.Ed degree can also apply
- Final 2 years diploma in Elementary Education/ 2 years DED in special education/ 4 years B.El.Ed
Eligibility criteria for Paper-II:
- Candidates having B.Sc/BA and the appearing candidates final 2 years BA/B.Ed/B.Sc with aggregate of 45% marks and cleared
- Appearing in Senior Secondary/B.Ed with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in 4 yearsBA/B.Sc.Ed
- Ed/B.Sc(Ed) final 4 year Bachelor in Elementary Education (Special education) with 50% marks in BA or BSc are also eligible
RTET 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam mode: The mode of the exam will be offline
Duration: Candidates will be given 90minutes to solve the paper
Language: The paper will be bilingual,i.e. Hindi and English except for the specific subjects.
Exam pattern for paper-I is given in the following table below:
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
Exam pattern for paper-II is given in the following table below:
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|Mathematics & Science||30||30|
There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
RTET 2020 Syllabus
RTET 2020 Syllabus will contain various topics from the Languages, Mathematics, Social Studies and Environmental Science. The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on the educational psychology of teaching and learning for the children belonging to different groups.
The test items of Languages will focus on the skills related to the medium of instructions. Similarly, all the sections will focus on the expertise for the concerned topics.
Candidates must prepare themselves according to the prescribed syllabus given on the website. A general overview of the syllabus can be taken from the exam pattern above.
Since the syllabus for RTET 2020 is vast, we are providing you a link below for the same.
For complete syllabus of RTET 2020 you may refer (here).
RTET 2020 Selection Process
RTET 2020 selection process will be based on the basis of RTET/REET entrance test. Candidates who will qualify this will be eligible to become teachers in the state private & government schools of Rajasthan.
After qualifying the exam candidates will have to appear in teaching recruitment process;
The further selection process is managed by the Rajasthan board of Secondary Education (BSER) which includes personal interview by the concerned authorities.
RTET 2020 Preparation Tips
Go through the below given preparation tips for RTET 2020 to do better preparation for the exam:
- Make notes for the exams and go through those notes daily.
- Prepare a study routine dividing preparation time for various subjects.
- Solve sample papers & previous year’s questions papers.
- Attempt mock tests so that you can solve paper on time
- You can also use method of elimination and learn to use them efficiently in confusing options
Sample papers may also be given in the official PDF of RTET notification.
RTET 2020 Books and Study Material
Candidates can qualify the test by preparing from good study material. We have recommended here popular RTET 2020 books and study material with the help of which, the candidates can crack RTET 2020 exam.
The candidates can buy the book online from different sites. Some books are also available for EMI.
Candidates can also buy books separately for different subjects or one for all with sample papers.
Recommended RTET/REET Books:
- RTET Paper-I by Anil Teotia & R.P. Singh
- RTET Paper-II by Arihant Experts
- Child Development & Pedagogy by Sushil Saroha
RTET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates will have to download the admit card of RTET 2020 from the official website of the board by entering their application number and password provided to them.
In case any mistake or discrepancy is noticed by the candidate regarding the details or center, he or she may immediately contact the exam cell for the correction before a prescribed date.
All the candidates are advised to read and understand the instructions on the admit card carefully and duly follow them. The mandatory documents and proof that is required to be bring along with the admit card is also mentioned in the admit card.
No candidate is allowed to enter the examination center unless he/she produce the admit card. The admit card is generally available one week before the exams.
RTET 2020 Cut-Off
RTET 2020 Cut-off marks will soon be available by the board after the declaration of the result. The result is announced by BSER through its official website.
- The RTET cut-off marks are the minimum marks required to get qualified in the exam.
- The category wise cut-off marks are available in the official website of RTET and candidates can check it by entering the required details.
- The cut-off for a particular examination depends upon the number of candidates appearing, difficulty level of the exam, number of seats available, etc.
For now, we can just provide you last year cut-off list and with that you can get an idea about the performance of the candidates applying for different categories. The candidates are required to acquire the minimum marks to get qualified in the examinations.
|Category||Minimum pass %||Minimum Marks|
RTET 2020 Result
A merit list is released by the board in its official site and the candidates who are declared qualified are awarded a certificate by the Board of Education, Rajasthan.
- Most probably the result is declared in the month of July in the form of a scorecard. A separate certificate is given by the board to those candidates who appeared and qualified more than one level.
- Students can check their result by logging in to the official website and then selecting the result option.
- The result is displayed on the screen when the students fill in the required details like application id, roll number, etc. & click on submit button.
- The answer key is also available on the site few days before the announcement of the result.
- The statement of the marks is available by the board in the official website and candidates can check the result there only by entering their registration number.
Mere qualifying in RTET does not give any right of appointment to the candidate. The appointment depends upon the appointing authorities.
We hope that you liked the Indian RTET 2020 notification. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.