CGGE 2020: CGGE stands for Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the CGGE examination for the selection of candidates as Geologist, Geophysicist, and Chemist.
CGGE exam is conducted in two phases: Preliminary and Mains. The admission of the candidates at all the stages will be provisional subject to satisfying the eligibility conditions. The exam is conducted for Group ‘A’ (central groundwater board) in GSI and Junior Hydro-geologist (Scientist ‘B’) posts.
Latest – The application dates for CGGE 2020 has been released.
CGGE 2020 Notification
The notification for CGGE 2020 will be released in the month of September. Check complete details of exam dates, vacancies, salary, application, eligibility criteria, etc of CGGE 2020 through this article.
CGGE 2020 Exam Dates
Check important dates of CGGE 2020 from the table given below. The dates have been announced by UPSC as follows:
|Notification Release||September 2019|
|Start date of Online Application form||25th September 2019|
|Last date to submit the online Application form||15th October 2019|
|Admit Card||Few days before the examination|
|CGGE 2020 Prelims Examination||5th January 2020|
|CGGE 2020 Mains Examination||27th June 2020|
CGGE 2020 Exam Summary
You can check the exam summary for CGGE 2020 exam here:
|Name of the Exam||Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Recruitment|
|Recruitment Type||Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist and Junior Hydro-geologist Recruitment|
|Who can Apply||Varies according to the post|
CGGE 2020 Vacancy
UPSC releases the CGGE 2020 vacancies every year. As per the last year trends, there might be a total 107 (approx) vacancies that will be filled.
Any change in the number of vacancies is updated in the official website of the commission. The commission may decrease or increase the number of vacancies accordingly
CGGE 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill the CGGE 2020 application form through online mode. The details regarding application are as follows:
- CGGE 2020 application form filling process will start on 25th Sepetmber, 2019.
- Candidates can apply for the application form through online mode by visiting the official website.
- Candidates shall check the eligibility criteria before applying.
- Candidates may find the complete details about CGGE 2020 through UPSC notification.
- Candidates must fill their personal information carefully according to the prescribed guidelines.
- General/OBC- Rs. 200
- SC/ST/PWD/Female Candidates- Nil
Payment mode: Application fee can be paid online (Net banking/Debit card/Credit card) or offline (through SBI Bank challan).
CGGE 2020 Previous Year Question Paper
Candidates can do prepare well for the exams by solving previous years CGGE questions papers.
The previous year question papers help the students in getting a good idea about the type of questions asked in the exam and important topics that are usually asked every year.
Candidates can download question papers by simply clicking on the given link for previous years question papers.
CGGE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for CGGE 2020 examination depends upon the following basis:
- candidate must be an Indian Citizen or
- a refugee from Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibetan who has come to India, before the January 1st, 1962 and settled in India or
- a person of Indian origin who had migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Uganda, Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, and Vietnam and has come here with intentions of permanently settling in India.
- For Geological Grade ‘A’ – Candidates must have a Master’s degree in Geological Science/Geology/Applied Geology/Oceanography/Earth Science.
- For Chemists Group ‘A‘- Candidates must have done M.Sc in Chemistry/Applied chemistry/Analytical chemistry.
- For Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group ‘A’ – Candidates must have a Master’s degree in Geology/Applied Geology/Marine Geology.
- For Geophysicists Grade ‘A’ – Candidates must have done M.Sc. in Physics/Geophysics/Applied Geophysics/Marine Geophysics.
|Geologist/Geophysicist/Chemist (Group ‘A’)||21 to 32 years|
|Jr. Hydrogeologist – Scientist B (Group A)||21 to 35 years|
Relaxation is provided to the reserved candidates in the upper age limit as follows:
|Government Servants||07 years|
|Defense Services Personnel||03 years|
CGGE 2020 Exam Pattern
The written exam pattern of CGGE 2020 for all the posts is as provided below:
|No. of Papers||03|
|Duration||03 hours for each paper|
Compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour shall be permitted for PWD candidates.
CGGE 2020 Syllabus
CGGE 2020 Syllabus will contain various topics from General English and all the subjects related to the post.
Candidates must prepare for the exam according to the prescribed syllabus given by the officials. Click here to check the complete subject wise syllabus.
CGGE 2020 Selection Process
To get selected in CGGE 2020, candidates must qualify the following stages:
- Stage I- Preliminary Examination
- Stage II- Main Examination
- Stage III- Personality Test
CGGE 2020 Preparation Tips and Strategy
Go through the below-given preparation tips to enhance the preparation for the exam:
- Make notes for the exam and go through these notes daily.
- Prepare a routine dividing preparation time for various subjects.
- Solve sample papers & previous year’s questions papers.
- Attempt mock tests.
CGGE Books & Study Material
Students can qualify the test by preparing from good study materials. We have recommended here popular books of CGGE exam which will help candidates to crack CGGE 2020 exam.
- Practical Record Book For Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
- Practical Record Book For Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing 2nd Edition
- Complete UPSC Preparation Kit (English Medium) With 24 NCERT Books Set (English
CGGE 2020 Admit Card
- CGGE 2020 Admit card is very important and candidates must note that they should carry it to the exam center.
- The Admit Card is expected to be available in the month of December.
- Candidates can check and download the CGGE 2020 admit card from the official website by entering their registration ID and password.
- All the relevant details and instructions are mentioned in the admit card. Candidates are advised to understand those carefully.
CGGE 2020 Cut-Off
Candidates can check CGGE 2020 cut-off marks category wise in the online mode. Minimum marks shall be obtained by the candidates for getting qualified in the examination.
Exam commission will release the cut off marks after the declaration of result. The cut off marks will be released separately for females, males and for candidates belonging to other categories.
CGGE 2020 Result
CGGE 2020 Result will be announced in the month of February (Prelims) and July (Mains). The result will be declared online on the official website by the officials.
Candidates can check their result by inserting their registration number. Shortlisted candidates will get the intimation in their respective email IDs and mobile numbers.
If candidates get minimum qualifying marks in Paper 1, only then the candidates will be considered for Paper 2. After clearing the written exam of Paper-2, candidates will be eligible for the Personal Interview round.
CGGE 2020 Personal Interview
These are the points that the candidates should know about the CGGE 2020 Personal Interview:
- The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent observers.
- The object of the interview is to assess the suitability of the candidates for the posts for which they have applied.
- Special attention will be paid in the Personality Test to assess the capacity for leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity of the candidates.
- Tact and other social qualities, mental and physical energy, powers of practical application, the integrity of character and aptitude for adapting themselves to the field life are also tested.
- Candidates shall prepare well for an interview as it is the last and the most important part of the selection process.
We hope that you liked the CGGE 2020 notification. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.