Notification for CSIR NET 2020 will be released in the month of February 2020. CSIR will conduct the exam to determine the eligibility to award the Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET).
Only Indian National candidates will be eligible to apply. It is conducted two times in a year. The examination will be conducted for certain subjects under the Science & Technology field.
Here we have given details about CSIR UGC NET 2020 examination including application form, exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, previous year question papers etc.
CSIR NET 2020 Exam Dates
In the table given below, we have given the tentative schedule of CSIR NET 2020:
|Commencement of application||1st week of March 2020|
|Close of application form||Last week of March 2020|
|Last date for receipt of written request for the change of the examination centre||3rd week of April 2020|
|List of candidates registered for the CSIR NET 2020||3rd week of May 2020|
|Admit card release||1st week of June 2020|
|Exam date||3rd week of June 2020|
|Declaration of result||September 2020|
CSIR 2020 Exam Summary
CSIR NET 2020 Vacancy & Salary
After qualifying the CSIR NET exam, you can work as an Assistant Professor in various universities, IITs, Government Research Establishments, CSIR Research Laboratories etc. They can also do their research in CSIR research laboratories.
The minimum stipend of a JRF will be Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first two years. After you have upgraded to SRF, the stipend will be around Rs. 28,000/- per month.
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Application Form
The application form details of CSIR NET 2020 is given below:
- CSIR NET 2020 Application Form will be invited through online mode.
- Only one application form will be accepted from each candidate.
- Candidates must fill details as per mentioned in the matriculation certificates.
- It will be released in the first week of March 2020.
- Candidates must preview their complete application before the final submission.
- No correction facility will be provided after the final submission.
- Upload the scanned images of signature, photograph and other required documents.
- Candidates can pay the application fee using payment gateway via credit/debit card or net banking.
- Payment will not be accepted through cash.
- Not any transaction charges will be applied.
- The application fee for various categories is given below:
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST/ Persons with Disability (PwD)||Rs. 250/-|
CSIR NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria for CSIR NET 2020 given below before filling the application form:
- Age Limit: Maximum 28 years as on 1st January 2019. 5 years relaxation for SC/ST & PwD and 3 years relaxation for OBC candidates.
- No age limit for LS NET.
- Candidates must hold M.Sc or equivalent degree, Integrated BS-MS, BS-4 years, BE, BTech, BPharma & MBBS degree to apply.
- Candidates must have obtained minimum 55% marks for general & OBC and 50% for SC, ST & PwD candidates.
- B.Sc(Hons) or equivalent degree holders are also eligible to apply.
- Only bachelor degree holder shall not be eligible for lectureship.
CSIR NET 2020 Exam Pattern
Here we have provided the detailed CSIR UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Exam: Offline (OMR Sheet)
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions
- Duration: 180 minutes (3 hours)
- Session: Morning session (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) & Afternoon session (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
- Language: Hindi & English
- Negative Marking: Yes, for wrong answers
|Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences|
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
CSIR NET 2020 Syllabus is divided into three parts which are mentioned below:
- Part A – Common for all subjects. It contains questions of General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, graphical analysis, series formation, puzzles etc.
- Part B – It contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics of the syllabus.
- Part C – This section contains higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts.
CSIR NET Previous Year Question Papers
Candidates must check previous year question papers of CSIR NET exam. The previous year question papers help us in knowing the pattern & type of questions asked in the previous exam. Also solving mock papers is a great way to check your exam preparation.
Here we will arrange all the previous year question papers of CSIR NET exam. Candidates may download them from this section.
CSIR NET 2020 Selection Process
Candidates will be selected for JRF & Lectureship on the basis of their performance in the CSIR NET exam. After the result declaration, two merit lists will be released separately.
One for JRF and other one for Lectureship. Candidates have to score marks as per the released cut-off to be in the merit list. After that, candidates who qualify for JRF can apply for research under UGC facilitated projects or labs.
CSIR NET 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check the CSIR NET 2020 Preparation Tips from below:
- Review the complete syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- Prepare a study schedule to manage your time during the exam preparation.
- Solve previous year question papers on daily basis.
- Keep on working in your speed and accuracy to solve the questions.
- You can also take help of online learning system to prepare better.
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Books & Study Materials
Check here some of the best books to prepare for CSIR NET 2020:
- UGC-CSIR NET (JRF & LS) Life Science Paperback – 2016 by Ashish Nagesh
- General Aptitude Theory and Practice by Ajay Kumar
- Fundamentals and Techniques of Biophysics and Molecular Biology by Pranav Kumar
- Joint CSIR UGC-NET Mathematical Sciences (Part-B & C) Exam Guide by P. C. Mittal
- An Objective Approach to English Literature for Net, Jrf, Slet and Pre-Ph.D. Registration Test (English, Paperback, Masih Ivan K.)
CSIR NET 2020 Admit Card
The facility to download the CSIR NET 2020 Admit Card will be provided through online mode. The admit card will be released in the first week of June 2020.
It will not be provided through offline mode. It will contain the exam centre, roll number of candidates, exam instructions etc.
CSIR NET 2020 Cut-off
The cut-off will be released along with the result. CSIR NET 2020 Cut-off will be published through online mode. The previous year cut-off for JRF & Lectureship is given below:
Cut-off for Junior Research Fellowship:
Cut-off for Lectureship (NET):
CSIR NET 2020 Result
The result will be declared in the month of September 2020. Merit lists will also be released along with the CSIR NET 2020 Result.
Candidates will be able to get their result through the website. The result will be released in the PDF format as per the category and subject wise. After the result declaration, candidates can apply for lectureship in various colleges or universities.
We hope the information regarding CSIR UGC NET Notification helps you in your preparation. For any query related to CSIR NET 2020, you may drop a comment below and we will be happy to help you.