CSE 2020 Application Form: The Civil Service Examination (CSE) is conducted by UPSC for class 1 administrative officers post. The UPSC civil service exam is conducted in three stages, i.e. Prelims, Mains and Interview. Candidates shall get qualified in the first stage to reach the next one.
The CSE examination is conducted to select candidates for various Gazette posts under the Government of India. The commission invites application for various vacancies every year. We are providing you the detailed information about the CSE 2020 Application Form.
CSE 2020 Application Form
The application form for the CSE 2020 examination will be available on 12th February 2020. Candidates are advised to read and understand the given points:
- Candidates shall first make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria required to appear in CSE 2020 examination.
- The opportunity of filling the application form for CSE 2020 will be till 3rd March 2020.
- Candidates have to fill the application form through online mode by visiting the official website of UPSC.
- Candidates shall go through all the guidelines prescribed to fill the application form.
- Candidates shall apply early & not wait for the last date of filing the application form.
- The process for filling the application form will be completed in two stages.
- Candidates shall not send the print out of the application form or any other document to UPSC in any physical mode.
CSE Application Dates 2020
UPSC has announced the important dates for CSE 2020 Application which is given in the table below. Candidates can prepare well in advance after going through these dates:
|Online Application Start Date||12th February 2020|
|Online Application Last Date||3rd March 2020|
|CSE 2020 Admit Card||Few days before examination|
|CSE 2020 Preliminary Examination||31st May 2020|
|CSE 2020 Mains Examination||18th September 2020|
CSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria laid down by UPSC for CSE 2020 examination is based upon the educational qualification, nationality and age limit of the candidates which varies according to the institution. Details are given below:
Candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India; or
- a subject of Bhutan/Nepal; or
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1963
- a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Vietnam, etc.
The age of the candidates shall be between 21 years to 32 years. Relaxation is provided to the reserved categories for the upper age limit as follows:
The minimum educational qualification required for the post is a degree from any recognized university.
How to fill the CSE 2020 Application form?
The application form will be filled in two stages. Candidates are advised to read the points given below very carefully as filling the application form is the foremost and most important step for appearing in the CSE 2020 examination you wish to become a part of:
Candidates will have to start from stage 01 to fill the application form. The steps are given below:
- Candidates shall first log in to the official website of UPSC and fill Part I of the registration
- The candidates have to enter all the details like name, father’s name, gender, community, email address, contact number, educational qualification, etc in Part I.
- The candidates have to submit the application form once all the required details are filled.
- Now the candidates have to mention the details of the photo identity card, percentage in graduation, exam center, language medium and other details.
- After all the steps given above, candidates shall re-check the details mentioned in the application form.
- A confirmation form will be displayed on the screen where the candidates can update the form but after this, no changes can be made in the application form.
- Agree to the declaration if you are sure that all the details are correct and true.
- A registration slip will be generated by the system after that and candidates shall take a print out of the same for further reference.
Points to be kept in mind while filling the personal details in Stage 1:
|Candidate’s name||Shall be as per the matriculation certificate|
|Gender||Choose Male/Female from the dropdown menu|
|Date of Birth||As per matriculation certificate in DD/MM/YY format|
|Address||Shall be a permanent address|
|Email Id/contact number||Shall be a valid one and shall remain valid unless the whole selection process stops.|
|Educational Qualification||Whether passed or appearing in the required qualification.|
Stage 2 is an important part of the registration and is done by following the steps given below:
- The candidates will be first of all taken to the payment gateway where application fee will be submitted.
- The application fee can be submitted in any mode (online/offline).
- After submitting the application fee, candidates have to choose an examination center for the written examination.
- Candidates then have to upload the photograph, signature and photo identity card according to the prescribed specification.
- At last, candidates have to agree with the declaration and submit the form.
- After the final submission of the application form, candidates shall take a print out of the registration slip.
|General/EWS/OBC (Male)||Rs 200|
|Females (all categories)||Exempted|
It is very important to keep all the relevant documents handy while filling the application form to skip all the discrepancies. So the required documents are:
- Matriculation Mark sheet (for reference)
- Intermediate Mark sheet (for reference)
- Graduation pass certificate (for reference)
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned photograph and signature (to be uploaded)
- Card Details (For Fee Payment)
CSE 2020 FAQs
- What is the educational qualification required for UPSC CSE 2020?
Ans. Candidates shall have a graduation degree in any discipline. The candidates who are appearing in the final year of graduation can also apply.
- What are the number of attempts for Civil Service Examination?
Ans. General Category candidates can give up to 6 attempts while the same is increased to 7 for OBC candidates. There is no bar for SC/ST candidates.
- What is the maximum time given to the candidates for filling the application form?
Ans. Candidates are given up to 3 – 4 weeks for completing the application procedure.
- How can I do correction in my application form?
Ans. No correction window is opened by UPSC so candidates shall fill all the details carefully and also re-check the same before finally submitting the form.
- What if I have submitted multiple application form?
Ans. Candidates shall avoid doing so but in such case UPSC accepts the last submitted application and all the previous applications are ignored.
- When shall I submit the form if I choose to pay through Bank Challan?
Ans. It is advised to submit the online application form before the notified closing date for application process.
- What is done by the commission if a candidate submits false information?
Ans. The candidate who furnishes any false information can be debarred anytime from the selection process by the commission.
CSE 2020 Important Points
Here are some important points that should be noted by the candidates about CSE 2020 Application form:
- Candidates shall take utmost care while filling the application form as UPSC give no chance to edit the application form.
- Candidates shall avoid submitting multiple application form to avoid any type of confusion.
- Candidates who are suffering from any kind of disability shall submit a medical certificate from a Medical Board.
- Candidates shall not furnish any false information related to their personal or educational details.
- The candidates shall make sure that they have uploaded the correct documents.
We hope that you liked the CSE 2020 Application Form. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.