Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh (BIEAP) is the main board of education in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India.
The board was established in 1971 to educate and train the students in different fields and skills. It was earlier located in Hyderabad but has now shifted to Vijayawada.
BIEAP controls and supervise the system of Intermediate Education in Andhra Pradesh. It offers around 85 courses from which students can choose to study.
Roles and Functions
The main function of the board is to conduct the examinations and regulate the equipment and staff in the colleges.
The board inspect whether the schools have adhered to lying protocols and documenting the colleges or not.
Other Functions include:
- To carry the result process and issue certificates to the successful students.
- To prescribe and publish the textbooks.
- To lay down rules and regulations to be followed by the affiliated colleges.
- To grant affiliations to the institutions if they fulfill the required conditions.
- To provide and update syllabi time to time.
- To prescribe qualifications and training programmes for the teachers.
Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh (BIEAP)
The BIEAP conducts intermediate examination on behalf of the State Government. These examinations are conducted twice in a year.
Earlier, only one examination was conducted for both the years at the end of the last year. But since 1978, Andhra Pradesh board has started conducting two examinations.
The only state in the country that has adopted the 10+2+3 pattern of education in the country is Andhra Pradesh.
Every student in this board is instructed to study in theoretical subjects, get practical training, learn ethics and moral values to become responsible and patriotic citizen of the country.
BIEAP has created a separate academic wing, called “Educational Research and Training Wing” which handles matters related to all the academic aspects.
It also prescribes syllabus for all the levels. The syllabus is divided into three subjects: English, Second Language and Optional Subjects.
The syllabus of optional subjects and language subjects is structured by the subject committees constituted by the board.
The syllabus of all the subjects is provided in the official site of the board. The committees keep on revising and updating the syllabus according to the ongoing trend.
BIEAP Date sheet
The examination of the BIEAP board is conducted in the month of February/March. Every year, thousands of students appear for Andhra Pradesh junior & senior exams.
The date sheet is released by the board at least two months before all the three exams, namely:
- Social and environmental responsibility with moral values, which is a compulsory test for all the students.
- Practical examinations, which is for Science group and Vocational students
- Theory examinations, which is for all students according to their subjects
The BIEAP board announces the result every year in the month of April for both Andhra Pradesh first year and second year.
A minimum mark to pass the exam is 35 in each subject.
The students can visit the official website or even the private websites to check the results by entering their roll number and date of birth.
The passing percentage of students in the BIEAP board has been at an average level from 65% to 75%.
Around 10lakh students appeared in the BIEAP examinations in the year 2019, out of which 6.6lakh students have passed the examinations registering overall 72% as passing %.
This year, the passing percentage of girls (75%) is better than the passing percentage of boys (68%). Girls are outshining boys from last few years.
BIEAP Schools in Andhra Pradesh
Though there are many educational institutions affiliated to BIEAP, we are mentioning below the name of few of those:
- ABV Junior College, Jangaon
- Government Polytechnic College, Chintamani
- The Progress Junior College, Hyderabad
- K. Gopalan Inter College, Bhagalpur
- Gowtham Junior College, Hyderabad
- Aditya Birla Intermediate College, Renukoot
Bookmark this page for latest news & updates on BIEAP Board. For any query you can drop us a comment below.