AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test) 2016 will be conducted by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), New Delhi. AIPMT is a national level entrance examination for admission to MBBS and BDS program offered by various government and private institutions of India fewer than 15% all India quota seats. Most of the states and universities consider the AIPMT examination rank (AIR) for admission to the 15% merit positions of their seats. The AIPMT is also named as AIPDT (All India Pre Dental Test).
AIPMT 2016 Dates Calendar
The calendar schedule of AIPMT 2016 will be notified later in November Month of 2015. Here, given dates are tentative and being introducing only for the reference.
|First date of Online Registration||First week of December 2015|
|Last date of Online Registration (without late fee)||Last week of December 2015|
|Last date of Online Registration (with late fee)||Last week of January 2016|
|Correction Window Open||Mid of February 2016|
|Downloading of Admit Card starts||First week of April 2016|
|Date of AIPMT 2016 Examination||First week of May 2016|
|Declaration date of Result||First week of June 2016|
|Start Date of Counselling||First week of July 2016|
Eligibility Norms of AIPMT 2016
The eligibility norms are as following:
- The candidates must be Indian or overseas citizen of India.
- Candidates should be passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with English. The score of Math will not be considered for the admission to MBBS/BDS.
- Candidates pursuing the 12th class may also apply for AIPMT 2016.
- The candidates should obtain minimum 50% marks (for general category) or 45% (for general PH category) or 40% marks (for all reserved categories).
- The candidates should have completed the age of 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Upper age limit is 25 years for admission over 15% all India quota seats. Reserved categories will be provided the relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit.
- The upper age limit will be considered as per the rules of states/ universities/ institutions for those candidates, seeking admission under the control of participating Institutions/ Universities/ States.
- The candidates belong to J&K, AP and Telangana are eligible to appear the exam only for the admission to the AFMC, Pune on the basis of self declaration.
AIPMT 2016 Application Form & Fee
Registration procedure for AIPMT 2016 will be initiated in the first week of December 2015 through online via official portal of AIPMT. The AIPMT 2016 would be applied online only. Candidates may download information brochure from the official site and read the instruction before filling the application form. Candidates would fill online application with personal details in part one of application form. As part 2 candidates would upload the scanned images of photo, signature and thumb impression as manner to the given in instruction booklet. After that the candidates would remit the application fee through Credit Card/Debit Card or E-Challan (Depositing in CBSE account with SBI, HDFC, ICICI or Syndicate bank). The application fee will be Rs. 1200/- (without late fee) or Rs. 2400/- (with late fee). For reserved categories it would be Rs. 650/- or Rs. 1850/- subsequently. After completing all process, candidates have to submit the confirmation page via online. The candidates must keep 3 printouts of the confirmation page of online application, Fee paid proof, 2-3 copies of identical photos that uploaded on the application form, Copy of self declaration in case of students belong to AP, J&K and Telangana and applied for 15% all India quota seats for further communication.
Admission and Reservation
AIPMT is the gateway to admission to medical and dental seats under the 15% All India quota in government and dental medical colleges except the states of AP, Telangana and J&K. Many universities and institutions are voluntary participating in the AIPMT 2015 and consider its merit list for to offer admission under their control. Admission will be made on the basis of All India merit list of the candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in AIPMT exam.
- 50% seats will be reserved for General and OBC – Creamy Layer category.
- 15% seats will be reserved for the SC candidates.
- 5% seats will be reserved for the ST candidates.
- 27% seats will be reserved for Non-Creamy OBCs candidates.
- 3% seats will be reserved for the physically handicapped person (only locomotors disabilities of lower limbs).
AIPMT 2016 Exam Pattern
- The examination will contain one paper only.
- The exam will comprise in 180 multiple choice questions based on physics, chemistry, zoology and botany equally.
- The examination will be of 3 hour duration.
- There will only two modes of paper as English and Hindi. Candidates may choose any one mode.
- Each correct answer will carry the 4 marks while any wrong answer or multiple answers will be punished with 25% of the total question’s marks.
|Subjects||No. of Questions (180)||Marks of Questions (720)|
AIPMT 2016 Admit Card
During the first week of April 2016, the board will make the availability of AIPMT 2016 admit card on its official website. Registered candidates may download their admit card by login their user ID and password. Admit card will be available only for the eligible candidates. The admit card will be an essential document throughout the whole admission process. The exam details will be mentioned in the admit card.
AIPMT 2016 Result Detail
Before announcing the result during the first week of June 2016, a separate answer key will be announced on the official website of the board. The AIR (All India Rank) will be calculated after the releasing of result.
AIPMT 2016 Counselling Schedule
The AIPMT 2016 counseling will be conducted by the JOSAA. The counseling will be held in the first week of July 2016 in three modes as offline counselling, online counselling and counselling for Delhi University. A central counseling will be held for admission to all India seats (15%) across the country.