AFCAT 2020 Application Form: Indian Air Force has advertised a notification for the recruitment of candidates in flying branch and ground duty branch through Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT). The online applications are invited for the courses commencing in July 2020.
All the aspiring candidates who want to join Indian Air Force have got a great opportunity to step towards their dream by filling the online application form of AFCAT I & II. For more details regarding AFCAT application form 2020 & other important instructions kindly read the article below.
AFCAT 2020 Application Form
The application form for the AFCAT 2020 I examination will be made available on 1st week of December 2019. Candidates are advised to read and understand the given points:
- Candidates applying for the exam shall first make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria required to appear in the examination.
- Candidates shall go through all the guidelines prescribed to fill the application form.
- The opportunity of filling the online application form for AFCAT 2020 will be till last week of December, 2019.
- The registration for AFCAT II 2020 will commence from June, 2020.
- The application form shall be filled by the candidates who can be truly dedicated towards the Indian Air Force.
- Candidates shall not send the print out of the application form or any other document to the authorities in any other mode except online.
AFCAT 2020 Application Dates
The Indian Air Force has announced the important dates for AFCAT 2020 Application which is given in the table below. Candidates can prepare well in advance after going through these dates:
For AFCAT I 2020 Dates:
|Online Application Start Date||Dec, 2019|
|Online Application Last Date||Dec, 2019|
|AFCAT 2020 Admit Card||3 weeks before the examination|
|AFCAT 2020 Examination||February, 2020 (tentative)|
For AFCAT II 2020 Dates:
|Online Application Start Date||June, 2019 (first week)|
|Online Application Last Date||June, 2019 (last week)|
|AFCAT 2020 Admit Card||3 weeks before the examination|
|AFCAT 2020 Examination||August, 2020 (tentative)|
AFCAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria required for the candidates to fill the application form is based on the educational qualification, nationality, marital status and age limit of the candidates, details of which are:
- For Meteorology – PG degree in a required Stream provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each.
- For others – Candidates should have passed with minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics in Class XII & graduation with minimum 3 years degree course in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. BE/B.tech degree (4 years) with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or have cleared Section A & B examination of AMIE (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Other prescribed educational qualifications in detail shall be checked by the candidates in the official notification.
The age of the candidates applying for flying branch shall be between 20 to 24 years while the candidates applying for the ground duty branch shall be between 20 to 26 years.
Candidates must be unmarried. Widows/Widowers and divorcees below 25 years of age are also not eligible to apply.
Candidates shall meet the physical and medical standards set for the recruitment.
How to fill AFCAT 2020 Application Form?
Candidates shall know how to fill the application form because it is the first step to their ladder of dream. Detailed steps for filling the application form for AFCAT 2020 are appended below:
- All the aspirants for IAF shall apply online through the official website of Indian Air Force.
- Candidates must have Aadhaar card for the online registration.
- Click “candidate login’’ and register yourself their by creating a Log-in ID. After that, applicant will receive a password in his/her registered email id.
- After that, sign-in with registered email id & system generated password.
- Candidates must remember their login ID and password for future use.
- Select the required entry and click on “instructions”. Read Instructions carefully.
- Now proceed to the next stage and fill all the required details in the application form.
- Click “Save and Continue” and upload all the required documents appropriately. The size of the images shall be between 10 kb and 50 kb.
- Check all the details and make the fee payment through online mode.
The application fee is Rs 250 for AFCAT which is non-refundable and shall be paid online through the ‘Make Payment’ step on the main menu of the online application.
Points that should be kept in mind while filling the personal details:
|Candidate’s name/Fathers’ name/Mother’s name||Shall be as per the matriculation certificate|
|Gender||Choose Male/Female from the dropdown menu|
|Date of Birth||As per matriculation certificate in DD/MM/YY format|
|Address||Shall be a permanent address|
|Email Id/contact number||Shall be a valid one and shall remain valid unless the whole selection process finishes.|
|Educational Qualification||Whether passed or appearing in the required qualification.|
AFCAT 2020 Documents Required
The candidates should keep the relevant documents and scanned images ready before filling the AFCAT 2020 online application form.
- Aadhaar Card (for reference)
- Degree of required qualification (for reference)
- Photograph & Signature in .jpg format (to upload)
- Thumb Impression in .jpg format (to upload)
- Debit/Credit Card (For Fee Payment)
AFCAT 2020 Application Form FAQs
- How many examination centers can we choose in order of preference?
Ans. Candidates can choose 5 examination centers in the order of preference.
- Can the application form of AFCAT 2020 be filled offline?
Ans. No, the application form can only be filled in online mode through the official website of Indian Air Force.
- How can I make changes in my application form?
Ans. No changes are permitted once the form is finally submitted but you can edit the application form if it is not submitted. The only option for a candidate, if an application is to be amended, is to re-register with a different email id and fill a new online application form.
4. What is the age limit for candidates applying for ground branch?
Ans. The age limit for candidates applying for ground branch is from 20 years to 26 years.
- To whom shall I send the print out of the AFCAT application form?
Ans. The print out of the AFCAT application form shall just be kept securely for future reference.
- What action is taken by the commission if a candidate submits false information?
Ans. The candidate who furnishes any false information or suppresses any relevant information can be debarred anytime from giving the recruitment process.
- Can the fee be adjusted if multiple applications are submitted by the candidates?
Ans. No, the fee will neither be adjusted nor refunded under any circumstances.
- Till when can I do corrections in the application form?
Ans. Once the “Course Preference” stage is saved, applicants will not be able to edit/modify previous data in the “Personal Information” and “Qualification details” pages.
AFCAT 2020 Important Information
Here are some important points that should be noted by the candidates about AFCAT 2020 Application form:
- Issue of e‐Admission Certificate to the candidate does not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
- Candidates shall submit only one application form and avoid submitting multiple forms.
- An incomplete/incorrect application form is considered invalid and will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates shall carefully fill the application form as the authorities do not give any chance to edit the application form later.
- The candidates should be careful while entering their Date of Birth. If on verification, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, will render them disqualified.
- It is always advised that candidates should keep on checking their emails, newspapers and online details to remain updated of the latest details announced by the authorities.
- The print out of the application form and all the other certificates shall be kept safely as they are required at the time of interview.
We hope that you liked the AFCAT 2020 Application Form. For any query, you can drop your comments below, we will be glad to assist you.